Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I need some help!!

I also posted in the Alfa club section as well.

My name is Evan Klein, I am a Los Angeles based car photographer and Alfa owner.

Hagerty’s magazine is doing a story on Alfa’s here in Los Angeles and have asked me to shoot it. I love our cars and am very excited to able to photograph them.

I hope you can help me locate some of the cars for the shoot. Below are the cars we’re looking for.

We're looking for: 1956-62 Giulletta Spider
1956-65 Giulletta or Giula Sprint
And a Duetto

The shoot takes place August 15th, it’s a Saturday, I know, it’s the same weekend as Pebble Beach, but it’s the only time the magazine has to complete this. So I know it’s going to be tough locating all the cars. I’ve been talking with Uve at Omega, Jimba at Alfa Milano, and Santo’s too. I went down today to Ital Speed today to look at Dirk’s collection.

I’m having trouble finding a Sprint though.

I have an amazing location for us, and we even have a small budget for each of the cars, and lunch too!

If you know some Alfa owners that would like to participate could you pass this on or have them give me a call? Thank you sooo much!

Here’s my website too: Evan Klein Automotive Photography
I’m on the Alfabb as AlfaEvan,

Home: 310-652-6465
Cell: 310-926-7897

Thanks again, Evan

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice Super!!!, I know, I know, there are so many cool Alfa's.... if we just had more time, more money, and more pages.... hey...maybe we could dedicate a whole magazine just to our Alfa's... but thats gonna take a whole other set of phone calls.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Evan,

Did you find the cars you were looking for? I'm going to do a newsletter blast and this might be worth mentioning if you haven't had any responses yet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simon,

It has been amazing all the wonderful Alfa support that has turned out for this project.
I can't thank the Alfa community enough! I now have all 3 cars for the shoot and a stunning location. So stay tuned, I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks,
Evan

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful Alfa's

This had to be one of my favorite shoots ever. I shoot a lot of cars, and usually they are press vehicles, brought to a location by people that don't even know or care. Our Alfa day was magical. Yes it was hard work, yes, it always seems to take longer than you think it would, but our Alfa owners really made it fun, without their help it wouldn't of been possible, so again a giant thank you to everyone that helped. I've attached one picture, since the story is unpublished I have to wait a bit to put the rest up, so consider this just a "teaser". I can still hear the sounds of Weber's filling my ears, soooo sweet!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
That's a beautiful shot. I'd put that on my wall.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!!!....you should see my living room... and I wonder why I'm still single, just kidding, but you really should see the den.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep an eye out for the Winter Issue of the Hagerty's Insurance magazine, until it comes out I can't give out high resolution files. I hope you understand, they commissioned the photoshoot so with respect to them I must wait until it's published. If I posted high res files and someone started making and selling posters.... well you can see how messy it would get.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I guess it will be very nice pictures we will get to see. I only wonder why you or the journalist chose to put the two fine 50' cars up against the 60' duetto. Can you tell something about this. I could understand if there was a dark blue Giulia GTV to complete the quartet.

Lars

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where's the GTV??

I guess it will be very nice pictures we will get to see. I only wonder why you or the journalist chose to put the two fine 50' cars up against the 60' duetto. Can you tell something about this. I could understand if there was a dark blue Giulia GTV to complete the quartet.

Lars
So a couple people are wondering why there's not a GTV. The story is about affordable classics, not that the classics chosen are "cheap" but compared to some of the other stuff out there the Alfa's make a great choice. The other reason is that we had one day to shoot, thats 3 cars, the cover shot, group beauty shots, individuals on each car, all the details, then action driving shots, sooo there are only so many hours in a day, and you have to admit it's nice to see the transition of design from the 50's into the 60's.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Of couse AlfaEvan no problem.
The 3 cars are better targets than any US next top model.
And because you chose to take the Giulia sprint you covered the age span from fifty to sixty very well. I hate to say it but the 105 Giulia GTV is not always so beautiful on pictures than in real life and the opposite with the Duetto, it always looks good on pics while in real life it sometimes seems to long over the wheels.

Is the magazine for sale in Europe?

Lars

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Of couse AlfaEvan no problem.
The 3 cars are better targets than any US next top model.
And because you chose to take the Giulia sprint you covered the age span from fifty to sixty very well. I hate to say it but the 105 Giulia GTV is not always so beautiful on pictures than in real life and the opposite with the Duetto, it always looks good on pics while in real life it sometimes seems to long over the wheels.

Is the magazine for sale in Europe?

Lars
Alfamox,

The magazine is Hagerty's Insurance, their classic car magazine, the Winter Issue, so for those of you with Hagerty's Insurance will receive one in the mail, otherwise call or write them, and it's the Winter issue, thats probably Nov-Dec, once the magazine is published I can post more pictures. I would love to post all the pictures now but it wouldn't be very fair to the magazine that commissioned the shoot to post all the images.... if you know what I mean, they might get a little cranky.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts