Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice pic Timbo, but I think the first pic with the 15" GTA wheels has convinced me to go that way. I am currently talking to Max at Alfaholics to see how much it's going to be to get them over here. I'll let you know how much they'll be when I find out.
All I need now is for Robert to come through with some good doors and I'll be set!
Any luck with the pictures Robert?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Nice pic Timbo, but I think the first pic with the 15" GTA wheels has convinced me to go that way. I am currently talking to Max at Alfaholics to see how much it's going to be to get them over here. I'll let you know how much they'll be when I find out.
All I need now is for Robert to come through with some good doors and I'll be set!
Any luck with the pictures Robert?
Not yet Mark.
Will probably happen next week when a fellow BB comes here to get his car modified.
No doors available in WA ?.

Robert

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
if you sell it to damo, he and pete will corner the australian berlina market
if you throw in the blinker lenses ill increase my offer to $2050.
how about one each?
Hey Enri.

Im still thinking about it.
Yes, I will add a set of front indicator assemblies.
I only have about 5 sets left.
Damo is considering the shell only.Will save me having to fix the oil leak to get a blue slip for you.

Robert

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mark

Yeah, I think im heading for the 15 GTAs too. Sounds like theyll cost about $1500 to land them here however Customs is a bit of a unknown.

Check out the thread on our Aussie site about it. Seems theres really no way to know how much, if anything, they will charge us. May be best to keep each order under $1000 and get them shipped 2 wheels at a time and on separate dates?????

Also, keep in mind that those GTA rims I put on your car were done very quickly and are probably not an accurate 15 inch.....they may be close to 16...maybe even 17 after I cut and pasted and scaled them to fit. Id hate you to get them home and compare them to that picture and be dissapointed. I dont think you will though.....the photos Max has posted on his web site and in the Photo gallery part of this site look sweet.

Tim

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Anyone for berlina doors ?.
Duetto spider door brand new ?
I should hire Enri as my photo man.
Guess I owe u an oil change on ya sud Enri.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not yet Mark.
Will probably happen next week when a fellow BB comes here to get his car modified.
No doors available in WA ?.

No doors available in WA Robert. I've been looking for a good few months now and no luck. I probably only need the drivers side door really.

As far as the wheels go Timbo, after looking at the pics on Max's site, I was sold on the GTA wheels, although they would have to be sent as 2 packages like you say to avoid the extra customs charges (keep it under 1000 bucks per package).

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Robert

Do you have Berlina doors that are good rust and damage free? Particularly both rear doors and front left. If so I'm interested. I was thinking about one of your Berlinas to raid for body panels, but if you have doors and the NOS rear quarter, maybe I will just take some panels off your hands.

The biggest hassle is shipping, cause they'd have to be boxed up.

What other parts are you hiding up there? :)

Damien

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Robert

Do you have Berlina doors that are good rust and damage free? Particularly both rear doors and front left. If so I'm interested. I was thinking about one of your Berlinas to raid for body panels, but if you have doors and the NOS rear quarter, maybe I will just take some panels off your hands.

Damien
hey again Damo.
Just had a look at the doors you require.
Have all 3 in great condition + 20 + more.
There are some gaurds,rear beaver,centre grills.A new set of 2L low beam headlights.Heaps of new front L+R indicator assys,a few rear taillight assys.
I agree,would be a shame to strip the 2 berlinas.
Bring your ute with you.

Robert

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Robert

Damien
Oh damo damo damo... i wish you bought my south african Berlina, there wasnt a speck of rust on it... anywhere! You know i let that car go for $1500 ?

I should have just kept it... wish i had a 10 car garage :eek:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Oh damo damo damo... i wish you bought my south african Berlina, there wasnt a speck of rust on it... anywhere! You know i let that car go for $1500 ?

I should have just kept it... wish i had a 10 car garage :eek:
Yeah I should have, but I wasn't looking for a Berlina then. Well I wasn't looking for one when I bought my 1750 either, I just saw it on ebay and found myself bidding for no rational reason. Then I had to buy another to get a 2lt engine and LSD !

Now I find myself questioning my sanity. I did a running total on the costs of the 1750 project to date, and it's scary!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Never keep a list or at least hide it well as it's been known to bring about a firm grip on one's gonads when the misses finds out how much you've spent....:)

oh man i dont even want to try and think about it...

i just keep telling myself that im still way ahead of most people on my street that wear massive depreciations on their new autobahn (shoppingbahn) limos...

that always makes me feel a little bit better ;)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I've now surpassed my original budget, and I still have to pay for carbies, clutch, diff rebuild, tyres, paint, and seat re-trimming! hehe

Luckily I answer to nobody. It's my money and I spend it how I please :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
If anyone ever said to me...."it's me or the car", I'd offer to help pack their bags.

Bit like when one of the manager's at work told me I had to move my GTV cause it was parked in an area that staff aren't meant to park in (for its safety), and I politely informed him that my GTV means a lot more to me than my job. :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
things hit an all time low this week . my mate rang me to tell me there were 2 (two) alfa 33's apeared out the front of a house a few suburbs away. he enquired about them and was told the guy had to be out by the end of the week and we could have them for free but had to take them last night or they would be going to scrap today.
anyway big argument, you know, where are you going to park them?, no time for the kids, no time for the ....so had to give them a miss.
i drove past today but they were gone . my mate showed me the photos he took. squeaky clean motors with twin carbs fitted to both, electronic dizzys, dialphone alloy wheels etc etc. all gone to squashers for scrap metal

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.