Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to attend and just signed up for additional events. Since its a 4 day event we booked a room for 4 nights. The current dilemma is what Alfa to take. Wife wants her '17 Giulia with all the comforts but I felt that the old GTV should go.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Take both!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
BOTH

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Alfa's at the Glen 2021 is fast approaching!
Register for the race at svra.com.
AATG information is at Alfasattheglen.com
The Motorsportreg.com AATG site is open for ordering T-Shirts and Friday night dinner tickets. Quantities and Space are limited...

Some information regarding the Dinner:

The banquet speaker will be Bob Little who has lived a rich ‘Alfa Romeo life’ holding a wide variety of duties over a 20 year period with Alfa Romeo USA. Earlier as an unpaid ‘gopher’ for the Alfa Romeo S.p.A. racing division Autodelta, he lived inside the factory walls for a period of time and travelled to European and American race circuits with the Autodelta team supporting its racing activities… and has driven Alfa Romeo production cars for well over 1,000,000 miles over his five decades as a true Alfa Romeo enthusiast.
He is the founder and “Team Manager” of the www.AutodeltaGoldenYears.com heritage site of Alfa Romeo racing history from the post WWII period to the present day.

His presentation “Il Quadrifoglio at Watkins Glen” will show banquet guests his rare copyrighted collection of original images of the top secret Autodelta factory in Settimo Milanese, a road trip down the coast of Italy to the Targa Florio in Sicily, one week at Le Mans with the team and finally a glimpse of Alfa Romeo Formula One history from 1970 through 1985.
It is anticipated that Bob will gladly hold a ‘Q+A’ session along with an audience drawing for unusual Alfa Romeo gifts after the show.

1.) It will be a ten minute review for those who were not in attendance six years ago or have forgotten the inside of the Settimo Milanese building of Autodelta S.p.A. and the cars being constructed.

2.) Then a quick drive down the Amalfi Drive to Messina, Sicily and then to race team headquarters in Cerda for the 1972 Targa Florio.. He will present a five minute video clip with track racing shown owned by The Speed Merchants‘ Michael Keyser who has given him permission in writing to use his Alfa Romeo racing video library.

3.) Then from Autodelta building several months later he will take us through the tunnel at Mont Blanc to 1972 Le Mans and the shop garage borrowed from the local Le Mans Alfa Romeo dealer.

4.) After that he give the banquet attendees a look at the 1952 decision by Alfa Romeo S.p.A. to abandon World Championship racing, the reestablishment on interest by President Luraghi in the later part of 1968-1969 and the Alfa Romeo finding its way into the 1970 car of Bruce McLaren….. though the disengagement of Ing. Chiti from the Autodelta team …..and the dissolution of Alfa Romeo Formula 1 racing until recent times. Thanks to the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) he will present a five minute video clip on the Alfa-Brabham car of 1978 (the flying sucker car BT46B with Gordon Murray speaking and track racing shown.) driven by Niki Lauda who beat the second place car in the Swedish Grand Prix by ~43 seconds in its first and only race!

Lastly, a few of the planned give-away items for those in attendance Friday night:

160 printed 8x10 color pictures of one of our
33TT3's racing at LeMans

160 Four color (both sides) of the new AutodeltaGoldenYears.com business cards plus other items.

Best Regards,
AATG 2021 Committee.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although it is possible to take both, for several reasons it would be better to take only one.
Anyway, I just took the GTV in for NYS inspection and when I returned I started disconnect the battery and heard the battery making a low bubbling sound, maybe overcharged? It wasn't hot but after almost blowing up the Duetto battery during a long trip I was very concerned, (that incident cooked 1 battery, 2 regulators and 1 Bosch Generator). I Checked all the wiring and removed the regulator cover - the internals were all good. I tested the generator and it indicated low output at idle and about 13V at 2200rpm and 14+V over 2500 rpm. My battery was about 7 years old, and testing showed 1 low cell and 5 medium cells. I replaced the battery with a newer one, and after a test drive there was no bubbling noise.
So I think the old GTV is still a contender for the trip to the Glen.
Any thoughts or advice is welcome.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
7 years is good life for a battery. 14v at running speed is what I get in my super.
Pick up a new interstate battery (bring the old one for core) and you are set to go.
Its only 4 hrs to WG from your house... so both cars is an easy - YES.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If the border opens, I think I will venture south as it is only a 3 hour drive. Quick question, in the past have there been cars for sale at the show???? Actively looking for the right GTV1750. Thanking you in advance for answering a newbie to the boards

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Alfa at the Glen 2021 committee member DICK GIAMBRA posted this:

Okay to answer a few questions. The ****tails at 7 and the dinner starts at 730. Robert Little's talk will be recorded, but Mr. Little has insisted that there be no monetary gain from the recordings. I will work that out with him as far as You Tube or making copies. The Alfa corral will be in turn one. That is a really nice spot. You can see the start and the cars as they go up the hill. It is also quite close to the media center where the dinner is being held. The Alfa paddock will be in the shadow of the pit grandstands. I believe that there are plenty of hookups for motorhomes along the fence. It is the preferred area for NASCAR visitors. It is also close to the false grid and media center. If you go to the SVRA website and click on the Glen race there is a map that has these areas listed. We do have a few dinner spots open. We are limiting the number of guests to make this less people dense. Also masks will be required unless seated. There will also be a pizza party Saturday night for all those that want to partake. We are working on a group photo for Sunday after the all Alfa race. The time of this may change, but we will notify all the racers. I believe that is it for now. If I forgot something let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.