Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfas at the Glen 2021

12K views 100 replies 21 participants last post by  Dave Anderson 
#1 ·
We are now on for this September. The registration for racers is on the SVRA website. If you are a non racer please go to the grand prix festival site. The tour de Marque is a great deal but fills up fast. As things develop I will try to post here. Check the Facebook page or alfasattheglen.com. They should be updated shortly.

#2 ·
Reactions: ghnl and GTA Alfa
#4 ·
I’m with you GT Alfa - but accomodation is going fast and at this point, ii’s a little hard to be confident about September from Canada’s standpoint. It is supposed to be the end of September before we have enough vaccines for everyone and, with India now desperately needing vaccines domestically, we can expect more delays in delivery from our number one source. I know its five months down the road, but the borders remained closed last August and September when numbers were very low.

#5 ·
I hear you southernstar!
Last year I was hopeful, and booked the hotel well in advance. The front desk at the Radisson Corning were understanding of the pandemic situation and said if the event is a no-go to just call in and cancel the reservation - I did.
Doesn't hurt to book again for 2021 - you never know!. Its is great event, which I would not want to miss if the border opens up.

#8 ·
Just got confirmed entry for the Alfa Romeo Show and Journey to the Top on Thursday and the Alfa Romeo Tour de Marque on Friday, plus 4 nights at the Hampton Inn in Corning/Painted Post. Truly looking forward to it as I am new to the Alfa Romeo fraternity and as I used to go to the Glen for the US Grand Prix, when it was held there in the 70’s.

Here’s to hoping that our borders are open by September!

#9 ·
Just got confirmed entry for the Alfa Romeo Show and Journey to the Top on Thursday and the Alfa Romeo Tour de Marque on Friday, plus 4 nights at the Hampton Inn in Corning/Painted Post.
consider the Radisson in Corning proper where we have a block of rooms:

Radisson Corning is a direct link to the hotel; use "ALFAS" when asked for a promotional code.

#11 ·
Hello Roca? There is already a thread open with your title. You have posted there. With 2 threads running on the same topic someone is going to miss something, some news , some notification, some ???

I (We) do not know who is, Group and officers, organizing the event and therefore do not know what information is valid.

I suggest 1 thread and some transparency
Please.

Regards

Ken

#12 ·
Ken
I'm not certain but that may be last year's post: Alfas at the Glen 2020. If I'm wrong, this should be the most up-to-date thread.

The event occurs every time the US Vintage Open features Alfa Romeo. A group of racers started the concept of meeting up in Watkins Glen for competition and friendship.I race but engaged AROC starting last year for the first time. We are not the organizers of
1. US Vintage Grand Prix: SVRA is
2. Grand Prix Festival and in-town activities: Grandprixfestival.com is
3. Alfa Romeo Owners Club - especially the Western NY Chapter Alfabuff.

Alfas at the Glen is helping organize the Welcome Reception at the Radisson Corning
and the AATG dinner at the track.

thanks
Steve

#13 ·
Ken
There is a thread in the Motorsports forum. That may be what you are pointing out. Dick Giambra stays on top of that one. We are both members of the AATG group that races. And AROC members. Not all racers are AROC members. The multiple entities create confusion and less "transparency!"
Again, thanks.

Steve

#16 ·
As far as I know yes. I don't think you need to quarantine anymore, coming from out of state. If you have been vaccinated even better yet. There as of yet are no mandates on the vaccine. We have not seen anything from Watkins Glen International mandating a vaccine for entry.

#17 ·
My wife and I have our first dose and will be fully vaccinated before September. However, Canada is not yet issuing ‘vaccine passports’ and all we will be able to produce is email comfirmations of the dates, vaccine and dose administered. Assuming the Canada/US border is reopened by then, I still suspect that there will be some restrictions, so hopefully that will suffice.

I do know that some US senators from New York State are pushing to reopen the border as soon as possible and are hoping in the near future to be able to negotiate standards for implementation and thereafter, rules for admission. I’d hate to miss it, but at least the hotel reservation can be be cancelled without cost up until two days before the event. Even though the event registration fees are non-refundable, they are relatively inexpensive. IMO, even for Canadians it is worth the relatively small financial risk for a chance to attend such a great and rare event for Alfistis. For those of you in the USA, I would think that the risks of interstate travel restrictions by September to be negligible.

#27 ·
Dick, What`s the registration link for the race and Alfa events?
If I bring both race cars will I have to pay two entries? VDCA, SCCA doesn`t charge me but a single entry fee as the 2nd car isn`t on the track unless I break the primary car. Towing 2 cars from Florida to NY needs some incentive.
Thanks,
Rj

#29 ·
Rj the link for the dinner should be up shortly on motorsports .com. The registration for the event for the racers will be through SVRA. I think you can register now for the weekend. I really don't know about the second car. I think you can register both and if you don't use the second, get a refund. Keep in mind that SVRA does not issue refunds but gives you a credit to be used towards your next race. If you email the registrar, I believe they can answer better than me. As soon as more info comes forth I will get it to you. I think this time around the race participants will be more than pleased with what we have in store.

#28 ·
We are 10 weeks away from the event. I for one am greatly looking forward to this long weekend vacation. It has something for most everyone. Real race cars tearing it up at a great track. Alfa vs the rest, and Alfa only races too. Car shows at the track, and in town. Wine tasting at various vineyards, craft beer, restaurant specials, rally tours, automotive artwork; something for every Alfisti. As the event nears, we (volunteers??) will try to schedule a meet-up for Forum members. Giulia, Stelvio, 4C, and alfabb all included. PM me if you have thoughts and information on where we can all easily get together. I know many are staying at the Radisson in Corning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.