Alfa Romeo Forums banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
It's the final countdown. In just a few days the Festival begins. Friday through Sunday there will be an Alfa preferred parking area at the track. This will be in the area that is referred to as Tailgate Zone 1. It is located at the Northeast end of the infield, on the inside of turn 1. From there, you will be able to see turn 1, and the esses beyond. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
For those of you traveling South on route 14. Be careful just south of Geneva. The speed limit of 30 is strictly enforced, as is just coming into Watkins Glen. The speed limit of 55 goes to 30 without warning. The state police usually patrol this area aggressively. Also beware of paving and flag men as you get about 6 or so miles from town. I have no reports of any problems traveling north on 14 or 414. Safe travels.

Dick

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Safe travels
Dick
Thank you for organizing a really wonderful event for us Alfa folks. There is no doubt endless work to do to pull off something like this, even in normal times. If you need help in the future, let me know.

John Feng

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
John
Thank you for your kind words. It is not just me but a dedicated group that do this every five years. It occurred to me that you held the door open for me and my wife as we entered the media center. Forgive me for not saying hi. My mind was basically shot. That and old age. Hopefully we will see you in 2025.

Dick

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I count about 25 Alfa racers in the group picture above. And about 40 on the entry lists.

Ken

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
We actually ended up with 47 registered. A bunch of cars did not want to be in the photo or couldn't make it. We had to use three paddocks for all the cars.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Dick and all the organizers,
Thanks for a great event. It was awesome to be back at racing after 18 months. I can't think of better group of people to race with. Next time I won't break my motor in Q3.... 2024? I am in.

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Hood
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: kengta

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Awesome event, many thanks to everyone who made it possible
Fred, I had not realized you were there! I’ll never forgive myself for not looking you up to say hello. I assume you were here with Tommy?

As you well know, 2 of ‘your’ Alfa’s are now racing here in New England (red sprint, yellow spider). We love having them, though neither owner came to the Glen this time.

Hope you come back in 2025, at which time I WILL. Track you down in the paddock.

John

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Thanks again to all the organizers! We had a great time. The weekend was a graduation present for my son, Collin. He was there as a six year old in 2005, and then again in 2010. This time he was racing the blue spider. Fought a misfire in the car all weekend, but he still placed well. The yellow GTV and I had nothing for Martinez and Pranka. The car ran great, but the pilot was lacking in talent! Look forward to seeing everyone in 2025.

Reactions: andylarry and ghnl
81 - 95 of 95 Posts