Alfa Romeo Forums banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
There will be car wash facilities at the Radisson in Corning. A clean Alfa, is a happy Alfa.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
If you download the SVRA app, you can view the races live. They will be streamed Saturday and Sunday. The all Alfa race is at 1pm on Sunday.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for that, although sadly, the only chance for Canadians to see them. It saddens me that a supposed ally, the USA, refuses border crossings for Canadians even though our per capita Covid infection rate is less than 25% of the USA and, even though we opened our borders to double vaccinated Americans in July.

We recognized that many Americans had family, property ( as do I ), or other interests that would cause them to want to cross the world’s largest undefended border. I know, I guess I should be thankful that at least we are in a much better position than the former allies of the US in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Sorry about the land restrictions ☹. From what I read, it sounds like you would need to fly in. Or just fly to Mexico, and then walk across the border 😳.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I just registered for the race weekend. I will be bringing my 1972 Berlina, leaving the GTV6 home as its just me this trip. I registered for the dinner as well. I am really looking forward to the weekend, seeing old friends and making new ones.
I carry a lot of spares for the V6 and 4 cylinder cars if any one needs anything.

Greg

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I cannot tell from MotorsportReg.com how much the banquet tickets cost. I am like Greg - registered with SVRA to race, but i would like to participate in some Alfas at the Glen events too. I do not know how many of my relatives will be on my Crew yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
The dinner tickets are $38 each. Go to the motorsports site and then when it asks for head of the table write in your name. Then do that for each crew or guests. Further down it will ask for t shirts. Just fill in quantity and sizes. I hope this helps. Next time around we will work on making it easier. As you can imagine, this is quite an undertaking. You'd think that after 4 we'd have it down. But we are always tweaking and of course technology is changing. By the way, since SVRA is not providing a dinner Saturday night. There will be a pizza party for drivers and crew somewhere in the paddock. We'll have more on that as the weekend progresses. If you have any problems let me know, I'll do my best.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
The dinner tickets are $38 each. Go to the motorsports site and then when it asks for head of the table write in your name. Then do that for each crew or guests. Further down it will ask for t shirts. Just fill in quantity and sizes. I hope this helps. Next time around we will work on making it easier. As you can imagine, this is quite an undertaking. You'd think that after 4 we'd have it down. But we are always tweaking and of course technology is changing. By the way, since SVRA is not providing a dinner Saturday night. There will be a pizza party for drivers and crew somewhere in the paddock. We'll have more on that as the weekend progresses. If you have any problems let me know, I'll do my best.
I will have to try again then, I got a t-shirt and added 3 attendees for the banquet, but no names. The system only charged me for the shirt. Must be the names are the key.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
New question - I have not been to the Glen in 10 years, and do not recall if there are electric hookups in the paddock we will be in. Do I need to bring a generator or long drop cords?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I believe generators will be the thing to figure on. The north paddock is one huge parking lot. Closer to the grandstands there maybe electrical hook up there. But we've been told that that area is reserved for the trans am crews and their rigs. I guess it would be possible to try to squeeze in there, but I really would not count on it.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I use an RV generator in my trailer and can supply some power to my paddock mates, just bring fuel.

Greg

61 - 80 of 95 Posts