Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Administrator
18,124 Posts
My assumption is you only need to pay the “sprint race “Alfa” fee. $295.
I suggest contacting SVRA for clarification. A few years ago I asked about registering for 'only' the Collier Cup (the traditional MG only race). The Collier-only fee was just that: one race. (I had hoped I would be able to run in the appropriate practice & qualifying sessions but, no, the entry fee for the Collier Cup was for only that one ~30 minute race.)

Anyway, we'll be there this year - but with our MGA. Please come say hello!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I think there is some confusion about the entry fees. My assumption is you only need to pay the “sprint race “Alfa” fee. $295. The $695 fee is for everybody else not in an Alfa. If I’m wrong, somebody let me know, as I will be entering two cars pretty soon!
I just confirmed with SVRA that Alfas only pay the $275 entry, not the $745 for a non-member in something other than an Alfa. As always, the Enduro and the test day are extra if you want to do them.

Reactions: ghnl

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
That $275 entry gets you 1 practice, 3 qualifying sessions, 2 feature races and of course the Alfa race. If I added correctly, that’s three hours of track time.

Reactions: ghnl

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Please be patient. The motorsports.reg site will be updated very shortly. You'll be able to sign up for the dinner and t-shirts from this site. If you are a racer, you must sign up via the SVRA site. The Facebook page as well as the alfasattheglen website have been updated. If you log on you can read about our speaker and his agenda. It will be a packed house so sign up early. If you do not purchase a weekend pass and want to just go to the dinner, go to registration and they will give you a white arm band, good for entry just for that night. If for some reason you have a pass and you can not get in, go to registration and they will get you what you need. Registration is passed the gate up the hill to the left, on the corner. Also if you are racing a car that has been sitting for some time, please check everything over carefully. It will make the tech inspectors life easier. Check for oil pan plug leaks. I have been told that they will be checking for safety wire. Once the site is open, I will give you all a heads up. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try to answer the best I can. Oh and we are also firming up the Alfa paddock area. From what I have been told, we have been given a pretty sweet spot. Location is not firm, so don't want to give you false info until it is a for sure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The sign up is now on line for the Alfa dinner. You can also purchase T-shirts. Just go to motorsportsreg.com and click on your preferences.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I received two envelopes today. Waivers, rules, assumption of risks, etc. Also, registration confirmation for the Tour de Marque and the FLX Alfa Rallye.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What Alfa to take? Wife wants '17 Giulia Ti, and I the '67 GTV.
Will the newer Alfa be allowed in the events and on parade lap?

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Sadly we have decided to cancel our hotel reservations and not attend AATG. The land border is not open and may not be, the cost of getting covid tests to transit the border both ways is significant and burdonsome for a short stay.

We have chartered a yacht in Corfu Greece to sail the Ionian Sea with friends for two weeks instead of AATG.

I wish you all a good safe event and good weather.

Ken

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
What Alfa to take? Wife wants '17 Giulia Ti, and I the '67 GTV.
Will the newer Alfa be allowed in the events and on parade lap?
Yes any Alfa can enter and all events will be open to you no matter which one you bring.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just in from our guest speaker. All dinner guests will receive an 8x10 picture of the Alfa 33 at Lemans.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I signed up for the dinner today but I couldn't find the time listed.
The dinner starts at 7-730. As soon as the race cars come back from the street reenactment. I will post a more specific time in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Alfa's at the Glen 2021 is fast approaching!
Register for the race at svra.com.
AATG information is at Alfasattheglen.com
The Motorsportreg.com AATG site is open for ordering T-Shirts and Friday night dinner tickets. Quantities and Space are limited...

Some information regarding the Dinner:

The banquet speaker will be Bob Little who has lived a rich ‘Alfa Romeo life’ holding a wide variety of duties over a 20 year period with Alfa Romeo USA. Earlier as an unpaid ‘gopher’ for the Alfa Romeo S.p.A. racing division Autodelta, he lived inside the factory walls for a period of time and travelled to European and American race circuits with the Autodelta team supporting its racing activities… and has driven Alfa Romeo production cars for well over 1,000,000 miles over his five decades as a true Alfa Romeo enthusiast.
He is the founder and “Team Manager” of the www.AutodeltaGoldenYears.com heritage site of Alfa Romeo racing history from the post WWII period to the present day.

His presentation “Il Quadrifoglio at Watkins Glen” will show banquet guests his rare copyrighted collection of original images of the top secret Autodelta factory in Settimo Milanese, a road trip down the coast of Italy to the Targa Florio in Sicily, one week at Le Mans with the team and finally a glimpse of Alfa Romeo Formula One history from 1970 through 1985.
It is anticipated that Bob will gladly hold a ‘Q+A’ session along with an audience drawing for unusual Alfa Romeo gifts after the show.

1.) It will be a ten minute review for those who were not in attendance six years ago or have forgotten the inside of the Settimo Milanese building of Autodelta S.p.A. and the cars being constructed.

2.) Then a quick drive down the Amalfi Drive to Messina, Sicily and then to race team headquarters in Cerda for the 1972 Targa Florio.. He will present a five minute video clip with track racing shown owned by The Speed Merchants‘ Michael Keyser who has given him permission in writing to use his Alfa Romeo racing video library.

3.) Then from Autodelta building several months later he will take us through the tunnel at Mont Blanc to 1972 Le Mans and the shop garage borrowed from the local Le Mans Alfa Romeo dealer.

4.) After that he give the banquet attendees a look at the 1952 decision by Alfa Romeo S.p.A. to abandon World Championship racing, the reestablishment on interest by President Luraghi in the later part of 1968-1969 and the Alfa Romeo finding its way into the 1970 car of Bruce McLaren….. though the disengagement of Ing. Chiti from the Autodelta team …..and the dissolution of Alfa Romeo Formula 1 racing until recent times. Thanks to the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) he will present a five minute video clip on the Alfa-Brabham car of 1978 (the flying sucker car BT46B with Gordon Murray speaking and track racing shown.) driven by Niki Lauda who beat the second place car in the Swedish Grand Prix by ~43 seconds in its first and only race!

Lastly, a few of the planned give-away items for those in attendance Friday night:

160 printed 8x10 color pictures of one of our
33TT3's racing at LeMans

160 Four color (both sides) of the new AutodeltaGoldenYears.com business cards plus other items.

Best Regards,
AATG 2021 Committee.

·
Registered
364 Posts
@kengta, I hear you. My wife and are also cancelling our reservations for the same reasons. Sadly, our sailing options are also limited as our boat was left on the hard in Florida when Covid struck in March 2020 and we were forced to make a quick return from the Bahamas. We drove back with our electronics, tools and other gear in our car and cannot realistically return until the land border reopens. I know, first world problems, but sad nonetheless.

We also wish all the best to the organizers and all those who are able to attend and participate in what will no doubt be a fantastic event.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Alfa's at the Glen 2021 is fast approaching!
Register for the race at svra.com.
AATG information is at Alfasattheglen.com
The Motorsportreg.com AATG site is open for ordering T-Shirts and Friday night dinner tickets. Quantities and Space are limited...

Some information regarding the Dinner:

The banquet speaker will be Bob Little who has lived a rich ‘Alfa Romeo life’ holding a wide variety of duties over a 20 year period with Alfa Romeo USA. Earlier as an unpaid ‘gopher’ for the Alfa Romeo S.p.A. racing division Autodelta, he lived inside the factory walls for a period of time and travelled to European and American race circuits with the Autodelta team supporting its racing activities… and has driven Alfa Romeo production cars for well over 1,000,000 miles over his five decades as a true Alfa Romeo enthusiast.
He is the founder and “Team Manager” of the www.AutodeltaGoldenYears.com heritage site of Alfa Romeo racing history from the post WWII period to the present day.

His presentation “Il Quadrifoglio at Watkins Glen” will show banquet guests his rare copyrighted collection of original images of the top secret Autodelta factory in Settimo Milanese, a road trip down the coast of Italy to the Targa Florio in Sicily, one week at Le Mans with the team and finally a glimpse of Alfa Romeo Formula One history from 1970 through 1985.
It is anticipated that Bob will gladly hold a ‘Q+A’ session along with an audience drawing for unusual Alfa Romeo gifts after the show.

1.) It will be a ten minute review for those who were not in attendance six years ago or have forgotten the inside of the Settimo Milanese building of Autodelta S.p.A. and the cars being constructed.

2.) Then a quick drive down the Amalfi Drive to Messina, Sicily and then to race team headquarters in Cerda for the 1972 Targa Florio.. He will present a five minute video clip with track racing shown owned by The Speed Merchants‘ Michael Keyser who has given him permission in writing to use his Alfa Romeo racing video library.

3.) Then from Autodelta building several months later he will take us through the tunnel at Mont Blanc to 1972 Le Mans and the shop garage borrowed from the local Le Mans Alfa Romeo dealer.

4.) After that he give the banquet attendees a look at the 1952 decision by Alfa Romeo S.p.A. to abandon World Championship racing, the reestablishment on interest by President Luraghi in the later part of 1968-1969 and the Alfa Romeo finding its way into the 1970 car of Bruce McLaren….. though the disengagement of Ing. Chiti from the Autodelta team …..and the dissolution of Alfa Romeo Formula 1 racing until recent times. Thanks to the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) he will present a five minute video clip on the Alfa-Brabham car of 1978 (the flying sucker car BT46B with Gordon Murray speaking and track racing shown.) driven by Niki Lauda who beat the second place car in the Swedish Grand Prix by ~43 seconds in its first and only race!

Lastly, a few of the planned give-away items for those in attendance Friday night:

160 printed 8x10 color pictures of one of our
33TT3's racing at LeMans

160 Four color (both sides) of the new AutodeltaGoldenYears.com business cards plus other items.

Best Regards,
AATG 2021 Committee.
Would it be possible to have this recorded and shared, even if only audio. I would love to hear his stories.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I will look into recording the Bob Little talk at Alfas at the Glen 2021...

Reactions: alfettaparts2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Okay to answer a few questions. The ****tails at 7 and the dinner starts at 730. Robert Little's talk will be recorded, but Mr. Little has insisted that there be no monetary gain from the recordings. I will work that out with him as far as You Tube or making copies. The Alfa corral will be in turn one. That is a really nice spot. You can see the start and the cars as they go up the hill. It is also quite close to the media center where the dinner is being held. The Alfa paddock will be in the shadow of the pit grandstands. I believe that there are plenty of hookups for motorhomes along the fence. It is the preferred area for NASCAR visitors. It is also close to the false grid and media center. If you go to the SVRA website and click on the Glen race there is a map that has these areas listed. We do have a few dinner spots open. We are limiting the number of guests to make this less people dense. Also masks will be required unless seated. There will also be a pizza party Saturday night for all those that want to partake. We are working on a group photo for Sunday after the all Alfa race. The time of this may change, but we will notify all the racers. I believe that is it for now. If I forgot something let me know.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
41 - 60 of 95 Posts