Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'll be staying at the Radisson. Perhaps we could plan a meet-up at the hotel pub?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sure thing. If anyone wants to join us I can talk about the best wineries and restaurants in the area to visit. There are over 150 wineries lining the lake but only a handful are actually extraordinary for Riesling and only two do justice to reds.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sure thing. If anyone wants to join us I can talk about the best wineries and restaurants in the area to visit. There are over 150 wineries lining the lake but only a handful are actually extraordinary for Riesling and only two do justice to reds.
Red wino here. IMO, it is VERY difficult to find a good red produced on the East coast. Love to hear your recommendations.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
AATG is only two months away bump

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
AATG is only two months away bump

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Reservations in place. Looking forward to it.

·
Richard Jemison
8,308 Posts
Dick, What`s the registration link for the race and Alfa events?
If I bring both race cars will I have to pay two entries? VDCA, SCCA doesn`t charge me but a single entry fee as the 2nd car isn`t on the track unless I break the primary car. Towing 2 cars from Florida to NY needs some incentive.
Thanks,
Rj

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We are 10 weeks away from the event. I for one am greatly looking forward to this long weekend vacation. It has something for most everyone. Real race cars tearing it up at a great track. Alfa vs the rest, and Alfa only races too. Car shows at the track, and in town. Wine tasting at various vineyards, craft beer, restaurant specials, rally tours, automotive artwork; something for every Alfisti. As the event nears, we (volunteers??) will try to schedule a meet-up for Forum members. Giulia, Stelvio, 4C, and alfabb all included. PM me if you have thoughts and information on where we can all easily get together. I know many are staying at the Radisson in Corning.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dick, What`s the registration link for the race and Alfa events?
If I bring both race cars will I have to pay two entries? VDCA, SCCA doesn`t charge me but a single entry fee as the 2nd car isn`t on the track unless I break the primary car. Towing 2 cars from Florida to NY needs some incentive.
Thanks,
Rj
Rj the link for the dinner should be up shortly on motorsports .com. The registration for the event for the racers will be through SVRA. I think you can register now for the weekend. I really don't know about the second car. I think you can register both and if you don't use the second, get a refund. Keep in mind that SVRA does not issue refunds but gives you a credit to be used towards your next race. If you email the registrar, I believe they can answer better than me. As soon as more info comes forth I will get it to you. I think this time around the race participants will be more than pleased with what we have in store.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Was just told that there are only a few spots left for the Tour de Marque. This is a real good deal. We are still working on an Alfa corral and paddock area. Will know more shortly. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was just told that there are only a few spots left for the Tour de Marque. This is a real good deal. We are still working on an Alfa corral and paddock area. Will know more shortly. Stay tuned.
Just mailed in my check for your de marque. Count me in .
Alfonso Ciardullo

·
Registered
869 Posts
Finally got through on the phone and signed up the 4C and gtv6 for the TDMarque! Hopefully the pace lap will let loose a bit.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
RJ said he changed his mind and is not going to the Glen, so I made hotel reservations at Horsehead Radison for 5 nites. Anyone else staying there?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
6 weeks away! We're staying at the Radisson in Corning. Let's hope that more people get vaccinated and the infection rates begin to decrease. If the infection numbers continue to increase, we run the risk of the event being cancelled (postponed) again!

Reactions: kengta

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
The USA land border is still closed to us Canadians travelling by land (we have always been able to fly in) at least until Aug 21and I am not hopeful that it will then open. I could have my Super trucked to Buffalo and take a helecopter over to pick it up. Then one has to consider if one wants to travel when infection rates are on the rise again. My fingers are crossed.

Booked at the Radisson in Corning for 5 nights.

Ken

·
Registered
373 Posts
Agreed - very unlikely it will be reopened by then as Biden wants to treat Mexico the same as Canada and if he reopens the land border to Mexico, they will be swarmed with refugees. At least we can cancel the Raddison, once we know for sure.

Another potential problem for many Canadians, even once it reopens, is that the US won’t accept anyone with mixed vaccines as being fully vaccinated. And of course, as you say, with a fourth wave seemingly underway in the US, is it worth the risk? Sadly, at present I’m not holding out much hope.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
The “4th wave” in the US is among the unvaccinated. The vaccine works. If the border is open, come join us!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I'm still on the fence, SVRA fees are getting really out of hand!
I think there is some confusion about the entry fees. My assumption is you only need to pay the “sprint race “Alfa” fee. $295. The $695 fee is for everybody else not in an Alfa. If I’m wrong, somebody let me know, as I will be entering two cars pretty soon!

21 - 40 of 101 Posts