Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there is a Alfas at the Glen 2020 event from Sept. 10-13 listed at MotorsportReg. It is a year away, but I hope this event does take place!
Is anyone familiar with this event and know if there will be track time offered?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
This has become an every-5-year event. Alfa is featured marque for the SVRA vintage weekend. For non race cars, lunchtime touring is usually available. It’s always a great event! I was there in ‘05 and ‘10, but missed ‘15. Definitely in for ‘20 with my Spider and maybe the GTV too.

·
Premium Member
13,160 Posts
Elliot,
I will try to be there and hear my old car again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ed, I hope you make it up for the event! You can drive it around for old times sake!!

It has been a blast so far burning up the winding country backroads around my area. I want to test it out on a track. I see the Audi club had an event today at the Glen open to other makes which I missed, but there is a Corvette club event on Monday September 9th that I need to research a little more, they have a 96 page pdf on the rules. That group might take it a little more serious than what I'm looking for...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This has become an every-5-year event. Alfa is featured marque for the SVRA vintage weekend. For non race cars, lunchtime touring is usually available. It’s always a great event! I was there in ‘05 and ‘10, but missed ‘15. Definitely in for ‘20 with my Spider and maybe the GTV too.
Thank you for the information!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
This is an event I'm putting on my calendar right now. Hopefully, it won't get overcome by some other priority.

Mike

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Was at Watkins Glen last weekend for wine tastings. The Track has an office "downtown" which offers 3 laps for $30.00, on a regular basis. Can't guarantee that will be the case on a race weekend. First time I was at Watkins that wasn't car related. Stayed at the WG Harbor Hotel which is really nice and so much better than sleeping in the infield mud. No Bog, no burning buses, but a nice patio bar overlooking Seneca Lake. Wineries, micro breweries and Cider Mills abound. Worth the trip on a non race weekend. The WG Motor Lodge is still there with a nice 'museum" and there are memorial plaques in the sidewalk for a bevy of drivers, including Denise McCluggage.
L

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes there will be an Alfas at the Glen 2020. We are planning an outstanding event for not only the racers but the Alfa owners. There will be an all Alfa race as well as activities for the non racer. One of witch is an Alfa corral, just for Alfa owners. If you are interested in any of the non racing activities please sign up as they become available. Since the arrival of the new Alfas we expect to sell out quickly. I will try to keep you posted as things come up. Keep checking the Facebook page and Motorsports Reg.

Dick

·
Registered
39 Posts
The official hotel of Alfas at the Glen 2020 will be the Radisson Corning. Go to the Alfas at the Glen website and follow the link to the hotel. We expect these rooms to fill quickly so make sure you sign up early to ensure the reduced rate. Also filling up early is the Tour de Marque. This event is part of the grand prix festival and is for the non racers. It is a great deal as those that sign up will get laps at the Glen, laps of the old course, weekend admission to the races, special downtown parking, and a bottle of wine. Can't beat that. Again go to alfasattheglen.com and follow the link to the festival. More to come.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Just tried to do the hotel - the website isn't very cooperative. Looks like the dates are blocked so it's not possible to use the website.

What are the room rates for the event? At least we can tell if we want to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
This just got set up on Friday so maybe the hotel website is not up to date. I will try to figure out what is going on. You may want to try calling. This was set up in conjunction with AROC. As a result the welcoming party on Thursday night will be held here also. If I remember correctly the room rate was $139 per night. This is pretty competitive with the area. That is why we left the site up listing other hotels, so you can compare. To give you an idea, Seneca Lodge is already booked. I will post more info as I get it. We are still working on the Friday night dinner as well as posters and t-shirts. By the way, all of this will be available to the non racers as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just registered for the Tour de Marque. Looked at the Radisson website and rates are not reflecting the AROC deal. I will call and see if that works.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just called the Radisson and got the AROC room at $150 and change per night. So calling rather than trying to do it online is the way to go.

see you all there!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We think we have straightened out the problem with the hotel. There are three ways to reserve a room. 1) call the hotel and request the block Alfas at the Glen/Alfa owners club. 2) Go to Alfas when using the Radisson or Radisson Rewards app. 3) Radisson Corning is a direct link to the hotel. Use Alfas as the promo code. please note you must select your date of arrival and departure BEFORE selecting room type using this link. I hope this helps.

Dick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts