Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save the date July 2015 with SVRA. We will have an all Alfa race and be utilizing the short course. Stand by for more details and surprises.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To see who is going and for more info, visit our Facebook page. Alfas at the Glen 2015. The website will be updated shortly.

·
Premium Member
14,007 Posts
Is this part of the US Vintage Grand Prix on July 24-26?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this is part of the SVRA weekend in July. There will be no September race at the Glen this year. Actually there will be no more racing after the NASCAR race for the season. After the SCCA majors the boot will be repaved, hence using the short course. After the NASCAR race the rest of the track will be paved. The project will also allow for more run off at turn nine and remodel the tunnels so that the big rigs can get into the track more easily. As far as the total vintage weekend goes, with driving the old course and the tour de marque, I really don't know for sure at this time. What I can tell you is that has always been a fun event. We will have a reception for the drivers Thursday night and a dinner for everyone on Friday night with special speakers. I will post more as time goes on.

Dick

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll be there. I was entered for last Sept. Glen, but a last minute unidentified misfire scrapped the trip. Glen '10 Alfa reunion was my first SVRA event and I loved it. It's nice to know we'll have another good crowd. I'll miss the long course though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can now register for the dinner and t-shirt on line. Just go to the official website, Alfasattheglen.com, and follow the link. This years t-shirt will be a collectors item for sure. It features three of the most prominent GTAs in North America. Also one of the guest speakers at the dinner is one of the world's most authoritative on Auto delta and Carlo Chitti. He comes with a full visual presentation of "back in the day". Please sign up early so we can get an accurate head count. Also SVRA has given us not only an all Alfa race, but an Alfa only test, tune, and practice session. More on that to come. By the way even if you are not racing and just coming to spectate, you can also sign up for the dinner. I will post more info as it becomes available, stay tuned.

Dick

·
Registered
2,800 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Eric - justo make the trip with the "Blue Demon Spider". That fast machine of yours and of course, your skilled driving abilities will be challenging to beat.

I registered, making the trip with the Little Green Spider. It's gonna be fun!

·
Premium Member
14,007 Posts
I'm hoping to be there to cheer you guys on!
Me too. My wife has agreed to have a vacation in NY state at that time. She has relatives to visit while I am at the Glen. I look forward to meeting you again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please take note. If you are entering to race there is a $100 late fee after July first. So get your entry in soon.

·
Richard Jemison
7,381 Posts
Entries

Dick,Isn`t there a link somewhere to see who has entered?

My wife has also "agreed" to a two week trip for the race and vacation.

I was messing around the Site and map and it said about 19 hours total driving time from here to the track. So I figure with her and the motorhome that`s about a 3 day drive.

Yes I knew she was a woman when I married her.

Bought another larger Marine Trader Trawler Tuesday, I`m naming it after her. "Grumblehoney"
Current one is named after me. "Frog" (as in "Been kissed, Still A Frog". It will be finding another home in a couple of months.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts