Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Cool Alfas! Thanks for the pictures!
What a nice clean easy to work in setup.
Course I would miss lying in the dirt to work on cars. I seem to always end up on the ground under a vehicle. Even took my truck to my son Dave's shop. Two lifts, six bays and they tell me to work outside on the ground. Come back home and don't even have a garage. Matter of fact the Chevy dealer just got his first lift last week.
oh well as long as I have my Alfa who cares.
MrC

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I wasnt,
My car isnt ready and getting my FIA International took me past the entry date. I was with a friend who races a Cooper and I was a spectator. Monza is a very difficult track to enjoy unless you just want to stay in one location. Lots and lots of walking.
next year...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
awesome pictures. i sure wish that many gta's would show up to events out here. all the one's in los angeles haven't run in over a year! what's the deal? i know if i had one, it'd be on the track every opportunity. glad to see the european's are using the cars for what they were built to do.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is my opinion that we Americans think of the $ to fix first and racing second. The Italians at this race push these as hard as they were pushed in the '60's. To see a Ferrari GTO sideways in the grass at 200 Km is scary and also a treat. The Maseratti pictured below was driven so hard it was bizzare but great.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Tyrrell six wheelers are so *****in. I loved these when I first saw them. I think it was at the 76 Long Beach Gp. Anyone else remember this car at this race? I was very young could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Simon!! I got the same Matchbox when I was a kid too!! :D

I am not sure if mine was a TOMICA or a Matchbox though.

I heard that they worth a fortune nowadays.

smestas said:
the ELF car has always been a favorite of mine. My cousins and I used to fight for the ELF matchbox car all the time as kids.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Tyrell 6 wheeler

Goodyear made special size front tires for this car only. I'm amazed there are still any around. Maybe that's why there are no front wheels mounted in the picture?

I can't imagine Goodyear doing that anymore.

Garrett

1 - 16 of 16 Posts