Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Excellent tutorial again Jeff, apart from the beautiful engineering you have devised, the panel fitting is hugely instructive too myself and I am sure a ton of others wanting to have a go. BTW MRS Jeff does the history segment well.
Tim

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Excellent tutorial again Jeff, apart from the beautiful engineering you have devised, the panel fitting is hugely instructive too myself and I am sure a ton of others wanting to have a go. BTW MRS Jeff does the history segment well.
Tim
Thanks mate. I am working it out as I go just trying to do things as logically as I can.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Finally a break from rust repair and I get to play with the shiny bits. In this episode I make some room to get the engine and gearbox into position in the Alfarrari.

·
Registered
740 Posts
As my son would say " Wow that's like fully SIC " me I'm more of a late 60s kinda guy ' so cool man'.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Now we are getting in to the fun stuff and that starts with securing the Ferrari engine into the Alfa's engine bay with some custom engine mounts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Thanks mate. It is nice to know where it will sit so now I can start building everything else around it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Cracking work Jeff

love the videos

the fitzee’s tip on panel joining was great. Been using it ever since.!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Last week I worked out where my steering rack needed to go in the Alfararri. This week I need to work out how to mount it to the car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
This week on the Alfarrari I get the steering rack exactly where I want it and then I get to work on the gearbox tunnel.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Jeff, I just want to say how good this build is, so interesting to see it play out step by step. I think your idea of a removal panel over the gearbox is very practical it was my first thought also when I saw the position of the starter and clutch slave cylinder, just undo some screws and access is there. Interesting to see the engine is much smaller without the ancillaries. Have you decided on the differential set up?.
Tim

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
If only all cars had this ability to access the gearbox. Great idea.

How about the carpeting? Will there be none, or will it be in discrete pieces that can also be removed separately?

Thanks,
Stefano

141 - 160 of 175 Posts