Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
For future reference, the inner sills actually taper down in height towards the front. Making that repair section isnt going to change things much, but take care when putting the outer sills on and setting the door gaps. But that bit is always "trial by fire" on these cars anyway. Looks like you are speeding along quite well.

Hope putting the beetle engine together does not distract too much from the Alfararri! ;-)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hope putting the beetle engine together does not distract too much from the Alfararri! ;-)
It is definitely a challenge with my mind being split between 2 vastly different projects at once. Building the Porsche engine is all about fine details and tight tolerances, where as, particularly at the moment the Alfa is all big messy cutting and welding, but the both are interesting. I have definitely learned that I don't really want ot build engines anymore. It is much cheaper and easier to just buy a Ferrari engine than it is to build a Porsche engine that's for sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
This week on the Alfararri, I give you an update on the adapter plate and then have a go at repairing some of the previously damaged panels.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
In this episode I continue lining up the new panels for the rear of the car, and to get things right I need to rethink the rotisserie.

·
Registered
211 Posts
To Jeff and Mrs Jeff I thoroughly enjoyed your film segments on the Alfaferrari and can't wait to see it finished with the engine in place and running, the first drive should be a blast!
Tim

·
Registered
782 Posts
Here is my rotisserie, it avoids running tubes through the windscreen areas and bolting to the bumper bar mounts. You can rotate the car 180 degrees so you can get to the under side of the floors with out any tubes near the floors.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
This week I finish up the dolly to get the Alfa mobile and then work on getting the rear screen fitting to the car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I hope to do the same too one day as I would hate to build a Ferrari engine from scratch, and I probably would have to mortgage the house too 🙂
After rebuilding the 911 engine, I don't want to think about what it would cost to rebuild the Ferrari. The fact is it would be much cheaper to just buy another second hand engine than to rebuild it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
After a bit of time off getting ready for World Time Attack, I am back into the Alfarrari and getting stuck into the rear end alignment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am aiming to have the engine being the only Ferrari part, due to cost and the fact, like I mention in the video, the transaxle will not work in the 105. I will go into more detail of what I am planning in the future.
This would have been a lot more interesting in an Alfetta GTV, Better balance and maybe been able to use the Ferrari transaxle.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts