Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfapalooza is this Sat. Hope to see you there. It was a lot of fun last year with good wearther and a very nice day at a great location.

? What time are we supposed to be there?? and how about directions to the rainbow pier.

See you there.

Art

·
Registered
1976 Alfetta GT, 2018 Giulia Sport
1,756 Posts
We should meet at Gladstones around 11am. 330 S Pine. Long Beach, 90802
It is at the end of Pine St.
We have special parking for this deal, on the TransPac Pier. So just head towards Gladstones and we enter the pier on the left/South side of the restaurant. Someone will guide you and help you get parked.
We mean on the pier, with civilian type people walking all around our cars, while admiring them. So a little vacuum and polish is in order.
And remember Pier parking it is for Alfa Romeos only. Others are welcome to park in the paid lots. No sob story on how your Alfa would not start, or that you were a past President, giving out lots of cash, or that you are gonna own one soon.
Info on Gladstones: Gladstone's: Home

·
Registered
831 Posts
I went last year and it had a good time. I enjoyed looking at the cars and the weather was terrific.

I won't be able to make this year :( I would really like to see the Trans-Pac sailboat. I owned a 34 foot sloop for six years. Next time perhaps :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Alfapalooza Pics #1

Here are some pics from Satuday's Alfapalooza event on the TransPac Pier next to Gladstone's of Long Beach.

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
I missed a good time. I like the background of that last picture. Well, I like the foreground too. Dad's Giulia and a lighthouse. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
ardo123,

The Ferrari on page 4 of your Flickr site--the one you asked for help identifying--is a 365 California Spider.

Thanks for posting the photos.

jeff

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ah thank you. I figured it was a 365 judging by the license plate I just couldn't find any pictures of a 365 that looked like that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A friend in the know told me that only a very few of these were made (maybe 10-ish) and it was a Tom Tjaarda design. He told me that Tjaarda, of Pantera fame, also designed the FIAT 124 spider and, if you look at the tail-light treatment on the California Spider, I think you will see the resemblance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts