Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Copy of message sent to Max Banks. Please indicate any interest in this thread. Shipping to various parts of the country would be a pain in my mind, so I would suggest they go to the individuals from Max's end, not this end in the USA. For example, if we get ten people together, buy 40 wheels total, we will each save about $320 (shipping additional) (4 each, or so)

http://www.alfaholics.com/news/document_69_7.php

Hi Wes,

Our 7x15” retails at £140, the price breaks are as follows:-

12+ wheels - £120 each

20+ wheels - £110 each

40+ wheels - £100 each

Wheels come with circlips and centre caps.

We offer GTA stainless wheel nuts for £3.25 each, in both left and right hand thread, they really finish the job off nicely!

The wheels will be in stock in 3 weeks and shipping time is 4 days to USA. We will need to ship it all as a single consignment as it will be a single group purchase. People can have the wheels shipped to their door, but they will need to buy from us individually at retail costs.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Max Banks

Alfaholics

Tel: +44 (0) 1398 351360

Fax: +44 (0) 1398 351163

Mob: +44 (0) 7766 901056

mailto:[email protected]

www.alfaholics.com

Quotes to Member States of the European Union subject to VAT @ 17.5%

Alfaholics Limited

Limited Company Registered in England No. 3850063

Reg Office: Bells, Oakford, Tiverton, Devon EX16 9HD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 25 June 2007 22:54
To: Max @ Alfaholics
Subject: New wheel production 7x14

Dear Max;

There has been some allusion to a group buy on the wheels on the Alfabb. Couple of questions since you mentioned quantity discount.

1) What are the price "break points?"

2) How many need ordering?

3) Would you ship separately to the individuals to keep everything straightforward and easy?

4) Time frame to shipping.

Thanks,

Wes

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Am I missreading something? The way I read Max's reply, if he ships to individual locations we would have to pay full retail.
That's exactly what Max's message says... not sure that Wes understood this...

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Retail clarification

The way I was reading it, and it obviously needs some clarification, was retail shipping costs. It wouldn't make sense to me otherwise, but it may well mean that. We need to ask Mr. Banks.

Wes

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sent today for clarification:

Max;

I posted your reply on ebay to get some interest going.

Couple of questions:
Do you mean retail price per wheel or retail on the shipping only?
Would the wheels come two per box?
What would 40 wheels cost to ship to the USA?

Thanks,
Wes

We've had some response as to a member willing to reship the wheels on their arrival in the USA. I've asked the member to post a message. If we do this, I don't want to handle any money. I think it should go directly to Max

Thanks,
Wes

One set of wheels for me if we can get 40 together, that's 9 people more needed.

A

·
0 Posts
shipment drop

Prior to this posting I was going to purchase 3 sets myself, to get the discount, I'll get a better discount if I take part in a group purchase that will lower the price on the 2 sets I really need. so put me down for 2, I will label and repack as necessary the balance of 1 shipment. I don't know the dimensions or weights of the wheels, I imagine repacking in 2 15 x 15 boxes, actual box cost for each box, and label and tape of $1 box, and actual UPS, or USPS shipping from 15074 Zip, I can not calculate shipping without weight and size! and I prefer not to handle any money, One day process of boxing and shipping out all items, using shipping account, submit total shipping bills to the member who handles the cash part of the deal. All items are shipped with delivery confirmation and insurance, once tracking numbers indicate item is in shipper (UPS or USPS) system, And I am relieved of any financial responsibility. I spend one or two days repacking and dropping off boxes at shippers, don't make or lose anything, and pay the same per wheel as everyone else, That sounds good to me. I do not want to deal with shipping costs per set of wheels one on one if this order gets alot of takers, I don't have the space to store the wheels, I simply do not have the space to store these while waiting for shipping payments. Large order has to go out of here asap.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to Go

4 sets-6 to go and clarification from Alfaholics.

Thanks,
Wes

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I'll take two sets out here on the left coast. Probably get some of their special lug nuts as well.

Stu in Portland

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok

Clarification awaiting from Alfaholics.
4 sets to go!

I was looking at tire choices available for our cars. 165/14 tires are available, but at a price. I think Max has a good point. I will link this thread to Alfaholics in an email. We are lucky to have a Great Britain enthusiast, aren't we.

Thanks,
Wes

A

·
0 Posts
How do 10 sets of New wheels not end up in a customs warehouse? Sorry but do not count on my participation untill all shipping details are worked out, my shipping accounts are set up to pay all freight and duties on shipments sent to my address. This ship to address will not be provided without a dicussion of additional shipping and import costs. If no one steps up to handle the import part of this, having a redistribution point isn't enough. I will redistribute, I will not handle this part. Once again, how do these wheels get from Alfaholics to the drop point.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Clarification awaiting from Alfaholics.
4 sets to go!

I was looking at tire choices available for our cars. 165/14 tires are available, but at a price. I think Max has a good point. I will link this thread to Alfaholics in an email. We are lucky to have a Great Britain enthusiast, aren't we.

Thanks,
Wes
I thought this was about the new 15 inch wheels.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shipping update

Hi Wes,

The price break down I gave you was the discount price on the wheels, not shipping. So if you buy 20-39 wheels you pay £110 per wheel, and if you buy 40 or more, you pay £100 per wheel. These discount prices are only valid for a single purchase order with a single shipping address, as we will ship the wheels on a pallet direct from the factory.

The wheels come individually boxed, each box weighing a total of 8KG (17.5lb). With internal country shipping it makes sense to strap 2 boxes together.

Shipping on 40 wheels delivered direct to a Zip Code on an insured TNT service will cost £985 approx total, dependant on final weight.

To guarantee delivery from the first production, a 25% deposit is necessary (of the total wheel cost - i.e. £1000 for 40 wheels) as we have sold the majority of these wheels already. The balance 75% of the wheel cost and shipping will be payable as the shipping date.

Regards

Max Banks

Alfaholics

Tel: +44 (0) 1398 351360

Fax: +44 (0) 1398 351163

Mob: +44 (0) 7766 901056

mailto:[email protected]

www.alfaholics.com

Quotes to Member States of the European Union subject to VAT @ 17.5%

Alfaholics Limited

Limited Company Registered in England No. 3850063

Reg Office: Bells, Oakford, Tiverton, Devon EX16 9HD

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what does that mean?

OK, so £985, approximately for shipping. That's $1965/40=$49 about per wheel.
Then there is shipping in the USA from the drop point. Now we would have to each do our own calculations based on the weight of however many wheels we order.

Is everyone still ordering is the question, because now we have a pretty good handle on cost and information.

Wes

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ken

I was talking about tire choices which are available to us now, and looking forward into the future and preparing for the unknown choices ahead. Max's point is tire choices are getting more limited for older cars with 14" wheels. My point is you have to decide on if you want fewer choices, keeping 14" wheels. I was pointing out 165/14 tires are still available, but getting more expensive, and less common. But tires will always be available somewhere, somehow, so is it worth it to you to changeover or not is the question you have to ask yourself. So yes, we are talking about 15" wheels, and yes, we are also talking about the older tires and wheels.

Wes

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Customs

That is a good point too on duties. So I'll look at the harmonized tariff schedule today. Chip in your two cents or shilling.

Wes

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I trhink I'll opt out. Shipping from the east coast to west, plus the initial shipping costs as well as duty will make them too expensive for me. The logistics will be a nitmare with two pallets of wheels.

Stu

Stu

A

·
0 Posts
in addition to the desposit to Max, each buyer should consider sending a desposit to that person who will see to the duties, warehouse fess, and freight to the dropship point. even at 10 sets think a total of $1200 a set. You actually need a businessman who will do this for no profit and has the trust of the group that excess escgrow will be refunded. I volunteered for the first part because I have the experience and resources, I can not handle the 2nd part as I lack the trust. I will acquire these wheels elsewhere, I am sorry if the loss of distribution requires replanning.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Duties

http://hotdocs.usitc.gov/docs/tata/hts/bychapter/0701c87.pdf

It looks like the duty rate would be 2.5%, look on page 13.

Look here for an explanation of the abbreviations:

http://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/bychapter/index.htm (under general etc.)

So again, it looks like an import duty of 2.5%. So that's roughly $800 for four wheels, $160 shipping charges for 4 wheels, and $800 x .025 = or $20 on import fees. So $800 + $160 + $20 = $980 plus shipping and miscellaneous
freight forwarding warehouse fees.

Maybe to keep things simpler for us, we could have a shipment to the West Coast and another for the East Coast?

I got contacted by an individual who is selling the wheels at an advertised discount with deposit by July 15th. I think that person should just go ahead and tell everyone about it, although maybe they aren't because of a bb advertising rule.

That's where we are.

Wes

·
Registered
505 Posts
OK, so £985, approximately for shipping. That's $1965/40=$49 about per wheel.
Then there is shipping in the USA from the drop point. Now we would have to each do our own calculations based on the weight of however many wheels we order.

Is everyone still ordering is the question, because now we have a pretty good handle on cost and information.

Wes
Shipping cost are to high as he is using TNT. Is there a BB member who has import from Europe on a regular base so he has lower rates.

It's worthwile the try.

Kind regards
Rob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts