Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I can do it for you if you wish. If you want me to dismount the tires and dispose of them I have to charge for that. Also, I will have to do a more comprehensive job of packing so the rims aren't damaged. Shipping would be a little cheaper, but I don't think it is worthwhile. If I were buying them, I would have them shipped with the tires on them, and then take them to have new tires mounted. No dismounting fee and no disposal fee, but up to you. Problem is I can't really say in advance how much the dismounting and extra packing on my end would cost. Two trips to the tire place to drop off and pick up, dismounting, disposal fee, extra packing material. I have NO RESERVE on these wheels. I am not going to do a bunch of free work as well.
As I posted before, someone will pay for dismounting and disposal of the tires plus the additional shipping charges for worthless tires.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don’t bid on them then. I’m not going to get into a situation where I am paying someone to take the rims off my hands because my expense for packing and getting rid of the tires exceeds the bid on the rims. If they do not sell I’ll just take them to a flea market next year and sell them as is

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Don’t bid on them then. I’m not going to get into a situation where I am paying someone to take the rims off my hands because my expense for packing and getting rid of the tires exceeds the bid on the rims. If they do not sell I’ll just take them to a flea market next year and sell them as is
Your auction has no reserve. The wheels are selling as there are bids.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
exactly. I will put an option on the list for anyone who wants the tires removed and the rims sent seperately. the wheels are for sale as is where is. any additional expenses will be up to the buyer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
FYI! You can ship with tires and cardboard as you received them (if you can band them together), Greyhound would be the least expensive shipping option.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Contacted my tire shop and revised the listing as follows:

Items are for sale AS IS WHERE IS

Some bidders have expressed a preference to have the rims shipped alone without the tires. I don't recommend this as the tires will actually protect the rims during shipment, but if the winning bidder prefers, I can have the tires removed and the wheels boxed for the same $50 handling fee, plus shipping.

To estimate shipping costs, the wheels are 6kg a piece without the tires and the boxes will be at least 19x19x 8 depending on what boxes I can find.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
FYI! You can ship with tires and cardboard as you received them (if you can band them together), Greyhound would be the least expensive shipping option.

that is what I was planning to do.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I was planning on bidding on your wheels however, your listing now states “no shipping - local pick up only”?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That is strange. I just went on the listing and here is what it says:

Alfa Romeo 6 x 14" strada wheels. Condition is Used. Wheels are in excellent condition. Tires are worn. Items can be picked up locally in Maryland. If shipping required, I will charge $50 for packing plus shipping costs. Payment via Paypal. No Reserve!!!

On May-27-20 at 15:53:10 PDT, seller added the following information:

Items are for sale AS IS WHERE IS

Some bidders have expressed a preference to have the rims shipped alone without the tires. I don't recommend this as the tires will actually protect the rims during shipment, but if the winning bidder prefers, I can have the tires removed and the wheels boxed for the same $50 handling fee, plus shipping.

To estimate shipping costs, the wheels are 6kg a piece without the tires and the boxes will be at least 19x19x 8 depending on what boxes I can find.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
if you would like them shipped with the tires still on, the weight of a single wheel/tire is 29 lbs. the dimensions shipped with the tire on is approx 24 by 24 x 8.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts