Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello club members!

I have for sale 4 alfaholics 6 x 14" strada reproduction GTA aluminum wheels for sale. The wheels are in excellent condition. See photos. Tires are worn. I will list them on eBay for a zero dollar initial bid and no reserve. They can be picked up locally in maryland, or i can ship them. For shipping, I will ship with the tires because they protect the rims and it saves me a trip to the tire shop to remove them. I will charge $50 for packaging, for cardboard on both sides, plus whatever shipping costs. I will post the link when it lists.
IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg

·
Push hard and live
9,876 Posts
Which offset?

·
Registered
1972 Giulia Super 1.3
17 Posts
I think the offset is 30 on these -should be stamped on the backside of the wheel. Would you be able to check and see? Giulia’s are finicky when it comes to the offset. Thanks

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Shipping with the tires is gonna be expensive. If there is a wheel retailer nearby-Tire Rack etc- they may have shipping boxes from wheels you can buy or free. Or buy boxes from Staples.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the offset is 30 on these -should be stamped on the backside of the wheel. Would you be able to check and see? Giulia’s are finicky when it comes to the offset. Thanks
The blank space next to “ET” on the back side is not engraved. I contacted Max banks and he told me they are ET 33

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shipping with the tires is gonna be expensive. If there is a wheel retailer nearby-Tire Rack etc- they may have shipping boxes from wheels you can buy or free. Or buy boxes from Staples.
When I got the new ones from Alfaholics with tires they simply had cardboard taped to the front and back. I will ship them same way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shipping WITH tires. Easier to pack because tires protect rims. Don’t have to pay for tire dismount etc

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I could not possibly afford the shipping with tires on
as traveling with the wheels without tires.
If I paid for the dismounting, etc. would you be willing
to take them apart?

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Shipping WITH tires. Easier to pack because tires protect rims. Don’t have to pay for tire dismount etc
Someone is going to pay for dismounting the tires and disposal fee. I'm interested in bidding, but I will bid with the shipping and disposal costs in mind as will others.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can do it for you if you wish. If you want me to dismount the tires and dispose of them I have to charge for that. Also, I will have to do a more comprehensive job of packing so the rims aren't damaged. Shipping would be a little cheaper, but I don't think it is worthwhile. If I were buying them, I would have them shipped with the tires on them, and then take them to have new tires mounted. No dismounting fee and no disposal fee, but up to you. Problem is I can't really say in advance how much the dismounting and extra packing on my end would cost. Two trips to the tire place to drop off and pick up, dismounting, disposal fee, extra packing material. I have NO RESERVE on these wheels. I am not going to do a bunch of free work as well.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Perfectly reasonable.
Tire centers are not horribly busy at the moment, and if you book a time
I am certain you can do it in only one trip. Last time, they charged me $60 to dismount + the tire fees, figure $100
Still less than two trips and shipping the tires. Just my.02, as I believe this is not an issue only with me.
As far as I am concerned, I am out of the bidding unless, in my case, you can ship tire-less, as I live out of USA.
Of course, you would do the 1st freight in the USA, then, I'll handle the rest.

Just so were clear, please let's sort the details and settle on something concrete.
I would rather have on, a good agreement, than bid, potentially win and turn out into a complex situation.
Thank you for your consideration.
Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will ask tomorrow what my tire place would charge to dismount and pack the wheels for shipping and then update the Ebay listing for anyone who wants to do it that way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts