Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Alfisti,

last Saturday I went to the Nürburgring to watch the Alfaholics Giulia GTA Replica and their friends cars... I’m in love with these cars, it’s the least I can say... A Giulia GTA Replica is definately going to be my next project!

cheers Yves

·
Registered
563 Posts
Great photos! Yes it was an awesome trip, we had up to 20 105's there over the weekend from all over Europe, really great to see so many cars together! The social side was amazing, such a fantastic group of people! We had a professional photographer working with us on track all weeekend - when I get those photos (which will be amazing) i'll get on eof my usual full reports on my site! For now, heres a few tasters from our own cameras.

You will see here the first photos of our 7x15" rims on my GTA Replica with street tyres, the close up compares BBer Abarth's car in the forground on my 7x14" rims with my car in the background on the 15's- both cars have identical suspension so its a great comparison! This dispells any concerns over wheel to tyre ratio problems!!!

p.s. Due to the huge success of this trip, we will be doing it every year as the Alfaholics European track meeting!! :D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
extra photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Awesome photos. My next project will also be a GTA rep, once I get the Berlina finished and recover financially!

Cannot wait to get my 15" rims, they look great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pictures! I bet the pictures you took at the Nürburgring were taken on Friday, as the weather on Saturday was [email protected], next year I'll be there in my 1750 too, I can't take it out in the wet, it breaks my heart :eek:
I'm looking forward to those professional pictures... I have some more, I'm going to upload them in the following days (watch this space)

cheers Yves

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Damo, did you end up opting for 15" reps for the Berlina?
Ben - yeah I did, they'll be on their way to me from Max in the next day or two, complete with the Alfaholics fast road kit. I hope it looks and rides well, cause man it is costing a bomb :eek:

I'll probably put the 15" GTA reps on the GTV for the time being, cause I've been wanting to get the Momo Vegas refinished anyway, so now is a good time to do it.

I'll update the Berlina thread when I've got more pics and news, I'm still in the process of painting the engine bay. Looks like the engine is going to be a 170HP job or thereabouts :)

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
A couple of the professional shots have just landed as tasters....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport. 2019 Stelvio ti Lusso.
1,549 Posts
Once again Max, one of your fantastic pictures will end up as a wallpaper for me! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Max!
I really like the first picture of your car at the entrance of the Karussel!
Can't wait for my GTA replica to be finished....
Still thank you for the fantastic weekend I really enjoyed it very much, alltough I was the only not 105!! ;-)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Erwin, please tell us more about your awesome looking 75!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Erwin has just flown out to the States so you may not get a reply from him for a bit. We are meeting up in San Francisco next weekend actually.... which is a bit random! Its a 3.5 litre Milano, stripped out with a cage and trick suspension .... sounds out of this world! Erwin is a pretty serious driver (Dutch National Gearbox Kart racer) so we had a few great battles together round the Ring, so much fun racing against someone you trust and a place like the Ring!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
That looks like one of RSR's cars.
Yeah, Zamani - you're thinking of the 3.5 12 valve demo car - it has the same (or similar) wheels, but Ron killed the Savali motor eventually! That was a great car! (Awaiting a 3.6 24 valve from Glenwood going in later this year when he has time - motor is already there...)

Hi Erwin!

Don't you just LOVE the Ring!? (I'll be there again later this year - wanted to go this weekend for the Old Timer Grand Prix! Interesting car - I like the dual exhausts and the cooling ducts on the sides (presumable for the rear brakes...?)

Post a thread on the Milano/75 forum with some more pics please!

Max, (JvR here - we met last year with Ron out at Spa during the RMA day there...) When are you guys in San Fran? Any social dates/venues/drinks...?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think it's about time Max you make a good video of the replica showing its teeth with most scenes shot out of the car like the chinese guy gta video-beautifully shot.

·
Registered
71 Posts
GTV Gr,

thats a freaking great idea......a good 6 minutes of professional footage done in the style of the Ari Vatanen Pikes Peak video.

Id start every morning with a fix.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts