Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
By looking on websites and word of mouth, I would bet Alfaholics is better in quality, fit and power. But I do like OKP rear unit better as it has a more OE looking tail pipe.
Alfaholics Stainless Steel Sports Exhaust System 1750/2000 - LHD Deep Floor Version = 795pounds = 1016euros
OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH = 716pounds = 916euros
My system sold by many suppliers. OE front and middle with GTA stinger.
105 Coupe Parts - 105 Coupe Exhaust - Classic Alfa = 156.50pounds = 200euros
I imagine the stainless systems are great but are the 4 or 5 times better? The stainless systems have 2 strait through resonators, as do the OE systems when you install a Stinger.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the classicalfa on mine, it sounds pretty good, but the alfaholics one posted early on in this thread sounds better I think. One of the things I love is letting the engine brake the car going down a steep hill in second gear, it pops and crackles like a rally car, sounds absolutely epic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apologies for bumping this thread. I would really appreciate if Berlinista or anyone could comment on the difference between the Alfaholics and OKP SS systems. Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm a few years late to this thread, but I only recently had the Alfaholics SS exhaust installed on my '69 1750 GTV (SPICA) and would say AH accomplished their objectives. The power boost is discernible. I always thought the 1750 felt a little under-powered; not so now. I was initially surprised that it wasn't louder; now that it's a little bit broken in, I would characterize the sound as deeper and louder, but mellower than stock; still, it roars nicely at higher RPMs. The "sweet" character of the 1750 still comes through. This video posted earlier in the thread is a good representation of the result I got::
I didn't install it myself, but my mechanic was very impressed with the fitment; it simply bolted on as advertised. I subsequently had my SPICA upgraded with a Wes Ingram HP pump and the one drawback is that there's less deceleration drama; but I can't blame that on the exhaust. I'm weighing whether to fit one on my '72 GTV restomod project in the coming months and was curious to read some comparisons.

·
Registered
114 Posts
A metallurgist is better answering this than me, but stainless NEVER sounds as good as a mild steel system (which your ANSA system will have been). Mild steel seems to deliver the deep throaty roar and crackle whereas stainless always sounds more tinny.
I had an Ansa system on a 205 1.9 GTI back in 1991, manifold lasted 2 months, back box 4 and the middle section was toast by 6 months. They may have improved but the metal used is worse than Polish steel.

Andrew.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
The Alfaholics exhaust is by far the best fitting system I've ever put on one of my Alfas. All of the others required some fettling ranging from judicious heating and bending to a visit to a muffler shop for additional work. This was just something that I accepted as normal. WIth the AH system, you get a carefully made exhaust system that you can actually fit on your garage floor. In particular, the AH headers---in contrast to my experience with non-oem headers---are surprisingly easy to install. Over time you should expect your exhaust system to "open up" once you get some miles on it. (The Alfaholics videos showing Max and Andrew driving their cars will give a good idea of how their system actually sounds when driven hard.)

Several years and several thousand miles on, my system now has a distinct Jeckyl-Hyde character to it. Below about 4k it's about as docile as any other car. Above 4, it develops an entirely different character which definitely announces it's presence. Driving hard in the countryside, going up and down the gears is a joyous event that never gets old. The AH system is more expensive but, IMHO, well worth the cost. It's obviously very well designed and, even better, since it's stainless it will probably be on for the life of my Super.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
There is this guy in Holland who sells NOS Abarth systems if you're still considering your options.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts