Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am thinking of getting the Alfaholics four pot front calipers and vented discs for my 1750 GTV.I already have 7" X 14 " Gta replica wheels form Classicalfa. Will these brakes fit. Jim Spackman at Alfaholics doesn't know. They certainly fit teh Alfaholics 6" X 14 inch wheels. Has anyone tried this Alfaholics/ Classicalfa combination??

There is another question . The Alfaholics calipers don't have outer seals. How does this work in hot and dusty environs like Australia and Texas/ Arizona. we have very dusty surroundings here in Pakistan. Don't want to spend upwards of a 1000 Us and end up regretting it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Apologies if you have already contacted us direct about this, but Classic Alfa has a 'big brake' kit as well which certainly fits under the wheels we sell! The first question to ask if why you want to fit the brake kit. Unless you are doing lots of track driving, there is not any great advantage to it. The normal brake system in good condition - possibly with our sport brake discs and DS2500 pads - is perfectly adequate for any situation short of all-out racing. Of course if you are keen to spend money, us and Mr 'Holics are happy to oblige, but we don't want to see you wasting it!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andrew. Don't now whether you remember me . I am the bloke from Pakistan who was at the Open day last year. Saw your car features in Classic and Sports cars the other say... including the Ferrari

Please see PM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Andrew. Don't now whether you remember me . I am the bloke from Pakistan who was at the Open day last year. Saw your car features in Classic and Sports cars the other say... including the Ferrari

Please see PM
Alfa's in Lahore? Did not see any when I was there, was working in Lahore for over two years between 2005-2007.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alfas in Lahore

Alfas in Lahore... yes ceratinly in a city of 8 million now... there are a grand total of four Alfa Romeos

The score is zero moderns ie post 1980

one 1965 2600 touring spider
one 1969 Alfa 1750 GTV under restoration
one 64 GTV Bertone with Borranis
One Alfa 33 with a Honda engine

Does not speak a lot for market penetration by the Italians does it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts