Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it came today in the mail. Rain is on the way so she is going up on Jack stands for the work. I had heard so many say " if it says Frap, its crap" buy all the tie rod ends they sent were Frap... I was hoping Alfaholics just dealt in good stuff. Anyway, looking forward to this project!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
FRAP maybe the only ones currently being made or maybe they don't make them and they were the last company to make a batch. Andrew Watry sold some sets of NOS OEM joints last year. Maybe mine will be insurance against ever needing them - the umbrella effect.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Centerline, Classic Alfa and Alfaholics all show Lemforder ends in stock. At Alfaholics they're 3x the price of FRAP. 34 GBP. At Centerline they're only 2 bucks more - $19.95! Good deal....

The Alfaholics Stage 2 kit includes the Lemforders among other choice bits.....for 2500 bloody Pounds! Good lord....

IIRC when I did mine I did buy a kit for the rear but not the front. That I pieced together myself with all the bits I wanted. It's been awhile but I think Centerline basically let me build my own kit and then discounted it accordingly....back then (this was maybe, what, 4 years ago I guess?) the thing to do was to get the adjustable top arms and replace both bushings with better stuff - poly caster and a lower-inner bushing in place of the inner on the top arm I think.

I don't know what the status of that is now. But back then people were replacing stuff within a year or two because it sacked out. I felt like it paid to spend a bit more and put the good stuff in up front. So far so good....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts