Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Push hard and live
11,865 Posts
I think the main difference in the CA and Alfaholics kit is that AH retains the original rear sway bar, where CA replaces it with a stiffer one.

With what little I've found discussing this, the AH approach to 105 handling requires the rear to be lower than some other solutions. To get the same weight transfer with a higher stance in the rear, you'd need to use a heavier bar.

The high-G cornering of the AH kit (with Mich Pilot AS Exaltos) has proved to be far beyond my testicular fortitude. Thus, I can't tell you how it behaves at the limits.

Reactions: Mound Dawg

·
Push hard and live
11,865 Posts
My car had Bilsten when I got it, to which I added the AH suspension kit. Generally, I much prefer Koni over brand B. However, the AH kit is plenty low to the ground.

If I were to it over, I would use Koni and small shims to very slightly raise the ride height of the AH kit.

Reactions: mtbjeff

·
Push hard and live
11,865 Posts
I think you're overestimating the lift impact of the gas pressure. The AH springs are substantially firmer than stock, so the tiny amount of gas pressure would have been a minuscule percentage of the total. I doubt the lift would have been more than 2-5mm, if any.

The OE suspension was well worn out, so I saw no merit in measuring anything before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.