Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like it and will get use to it very soon.......Only signed on May 08
It must taken you many hours to set it up.

homer

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
For all those who like the old look...

Scroll down to the very bottom of the home page. Next, look to the left- this will be the far bottom left of the home page, in the green border area.

Click on the drop down, and set to 'tricolori-liquid". Then, it's like the new look never even happened. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I like the new look. The only change I'd make is get rid of that new car in the banner. Hey! How about changing out the car at the top once a week. Get $10 or $20 bucks for some member to feature their car there.

Just a thought to get more money and paying members.

·
Registered
233 Posts
WOW! Was not expecting this. My position is middle of the road. I am all for "living with your time" and refreshing every now and then. Planet Earth keeps turning, nothing can stop that. On the other hand, it's good that some things are protected against extinction. Tough one here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:confused:................

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Web-Links

Simon,

Something you might want to look into is the fact that when web-links are inserted into threads, they are no longer underlined. You must move your mouse over the text to notice that a link is there. Or, what I did was changed the color of the text for the link.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Ugh! Sorry folks, but I do not like the new board look at all. We don't need "professional"! The old look had the most warm and "homey" feel of any bb I have participated in, and that is quite a few. This board brings out a very special community feel, and I am afraid that will decline with the new look.

Sorry Simon! I'm sure that you have put a lot of work into this, but, it just seems all cold and anonymous like the run-of-the-mill boards. Nobody befriends you on those boards like they do here.

Now, maybe once you correct the colors, and bring back the member's cars at the top of the page, it'll be OK, but until then, YUCK!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,854 Posts
Ooooh...shiny!

My only complaint about the new layout is the "articles" window on the right prevents the posts for being the full screen width. Other than that it looks good. Maybe an option to collapse that or turn it off.

I appreciate the option to stick with the old layout for now. Once the new one gets finalized I'll give it a shot and probably eventually get used to it.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
I still stand by my remarks made earlier today. "Taking this site to the next level" has less meaning than it might suggest, as the true value of this site is as an open resource for the free exchange of information and ideas. This community needs a simple, elegant platform and, as long as it works simply and effectively, it will flourish - and thereby the community will expand as new members are drawn to it. I fail to see how fancier (and less elegant) graphics will improve that. There are untold thousands of sites out there which look glossy but don't do the job effectively. I'm no sentimentalist, but this is what we had and it did the job well as a user experience. Why change that, and at greater cost?

Randy Lee, I'm with you!

One further suggestion - enable a search function to allow to search for new posts made in the last 24 hours, in addition to the general 'new posts' function.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Ooooh...shiny!

My only complaint about the new layout is the "articles" window on the right prevents the posts for being the full screen width. Other than that it looks good. Maybe an option to collapse that or turn it off.

I appreciate the option to stick with the old layout for now. Once the new one gets finalized I'll give it a shot and probably eventually get used to it.
Egad! What a cluster boink! Here we have a Platinum guy admitting that he will stick with the old look for now. Am I going to upgrade my subscription so that I can do the same? I doubt it.

Look, Simon, layout and search options are one thing. Color schemes and top banner content are quite another. To mess with the latter two is like effing with the "soul" of the board. It's just not a good idea. Keep the new layout or change it as you are inspired. Bring back the old colors and the member's cars, and all is forgiven. :D Seriously.

As for searches, I am not an expert, but I believe that there should be a way to offload that to Google somehow. That's what they get paid for - let them earn it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
...One further suggestion - enable a search function to allow to search for new posts made in the last 24 hours, in addition to the general 'new posts' function.
Alex,

That option is already there. On the gray menu bar at the top of the screen, click on "Quick Links", then select "Todays Posts".

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I'm gonna get flamed for this, but

if those of you that are whining and complained about the new layout and colors, don't stop, then Simon might just get PO'd, and terminate the AlfaBB all together, and then where would we be? You must learn to live with change, so keep repeating to yourself "change is good"

81 - 100 of 307 Posts