Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 307 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
It looks great Simon. I logged on this morning and somebody painted the walls, laid down new hardwood floors and replaced all the furniture in this place. Nice. :D

Maybe Alfa will start advertising in the US here first! ;) I wish they were selling cars now. I'm in the market for a new company car. :)

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,854 Posts
At the very lower left of the page, there's a drop-down menu that lets you set the look of the site. At least there is on my view of it.

Set it to "Tre Colori - Liquid" and you get the old site.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Simon,
Nice Fresh look for the site! But... can you integrate the Green and Red colors into it some more!
Cheers to all the hard work!
Sprintn

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
It looks great Simon.

Question:
Will there be images of owners cars emblazoned on the top banner?

The main banner was a place of honor for machines of merit (rare, interesting, pretty, whatever...). That was one of the things that struck me when I first saw your site. Please do not lose that important aspect. It personalizes the site for the users and draws the community closer.

I suppose when new Alfa's reach our shores, those owners will also appreciate seeing their cars up there on a rotating basis. The issue will be vintage versus new. A mix of old, then new, then old, then new. That might make the site look disjointed and confusing to visitors. But the alternative might be worse with the vintage cars and owners living in one space and the new Alfa owners segregated into their own area.

I like the idea of keeping us all together as a community, but keeping the outstanding, helpful, logical layout we now have. It was easy for me to navigate this site when I first viewed it.

The AlfaOwners site was, and still is, confusing to me and the vintage car owners seem to be packed off to a back room and not as important as the new car owners. I doubt many of the new car owners know the vintage car owners, unless they meet at a car show. That site seems to actually discourage mingling. This seems criminal to me. Finding useful technical information in a timely manner on that site is near impossible. I doubt I would know what S1 to S4 meant, as a new 'vintage' owner, if I only visited that site. Yours is MUCH easier to understand, and is helpful in a timely real world way.

Oh, and I like that the photos on your site are large. Much better than the other sites with their tiny images.

Am I making any sense? I'm just trying to help. I love what you are doing. Keep it up.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
At the very lower left of the page, there's a drop-down menu that lets you set the look of the site. At least there is on my view of it.

that doesnt seem to be working for me......as nice as the new layout is...gimmy the old setup please :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,854 Posts
Hmm...maybe it's only available for paid users.

I just logged in on my work PC and it defaulted to the new setup, so Simon must've flipped a switch yesterday. I just switched it back to the old setup via the drop down menu and it's back to the retro look.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The new layout is nice..but I hate the new Alfa and newer Alfa logo at the top left. I much prefer the vintage Alfa look and hope that can be re-established, ASAP. Heck that car is really a Maserati and not a Alfa :(

The last "real" Alfa was the 156GTA, 147GTA, 166 with the 3.2L Alfa designed motor.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

This only works for "PLATINUM" level subscribers.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,415 Posts
If you feel the need to have the new format, at least use the truly classic Alfa romeo script name instead of the uninspiring block letters.

Choice of format available to only the platinum level members? Now we have a class system for the site, which was supposed to attract all forms of Alfa aficionados/owners in an equal manner? Well, I guess that's the way it goes. In order to sooth peoples egos, there must always be some sort of class system. That's certainly how BMW sell's their cars, "I paid more, so I deserve more".

I pay my money, but it's nobody's business but my own. Just my own opinion.

Otherwise, keep up the excellent work.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Change is good - keeps the brain cells sharp! :D That being said - I've reverted back to the old style (because I can :))and because...my...brain...cells...are....not...sharp....

One note on the new look - there isn't enough of a distinction in the coloring between members 'online' and 'offline' next to their handle. Offline is grey, and online is grey-blue, really hard to tell at a glance.

Thanks Simon for your continued dedication and hard work on the site!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I am with with Martin and the others all the way. All we need is to be like the BMWs guys.........
Please bring back the Old Alfa badge and script.
I can not find where YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT Lower left.
I only hope this is not the start of Alfa folks not waving to each other like the BMW newbes and M.Benz AMG crew. And Yes I own both and know for a fact newbes dont for the most part know Sh-t about there cars or cars at all! In the last 3 years as a AMG driver maybe 2 waves. The BMW same thing. And now our loved site looks like theres too.
Change is why our Great country is starting to look like one Strip Mall all across our country... Boy Oh Boy......
USA
------------------------------
(Sorry Guys, but I logged on to the BB this morning and said ***!!

Simon, I know this site is your baby and I like every one else here is greatly indebted to you for its creation however I must say "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Your old style is very classic like our cars...

If I wanted a modern looking forum, I would drive a BMW.

I hope I didnt offend... I am just truly attached to the look and feel of the site as it has been for these last many years (Kind of like our Alfas).

Cheers
Martin.)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm not here anymore much, but this new look isn't an improvement.

This is gentrification - what happens to nice old suburbs when the developers move in and ruin them.

The old BB look was unique.

61 - 80 of 307 Posts