Alfa Romeo Forums banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe the slowness is the result of the animated advertising. All of the PCs and Laptops I use to access The Board indicate that the Phishing Filter is running. Either Microsoft has to speed up its security tools, which come with the OS, or the site needs to look into streamlining download time. This is a great site, too bad it takes so long to jump between pages.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I believe the slowness is the result of the animated advertising. All of the PCs and Laptops I use to access The Board indicate that the Phishing Filter is running. Either Microsoft has to speed up its security tools, which come with the OS, or the site needs to look into streamlining download time. This is a great site, too bad it takes so long to jump between pages.
My solution for my Vista desktop is IE8:B2, works great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I loaded IE8 beta 2 for XP SP3 and it seems faster. There have been page loads which are still slow, but faster than before. I loaded it on a sacrificial PC to observe. In a prior life I was a beta site for NT in the mid-90s. I know what BSD is. As such, I don't hop on the Microsoft bandwagon too fast. It seems that IE8 retains pages in its buffer faster and better. Time will tell, as a routine, I clean up my PCs every few weeks. In other words clean out temp files, cookies monitor the anti-spam, anti-virus, extra.

I rather use Linux or Mac, but I need to be familiar with Windows OS. Thanks again.

Alan

·
Registered
297 Posts
Try Google Chrome as your browser. I use to use Firefox but I think Chrome is even better.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Alfa BB Site Redesign -- Feedback Please

Try Google Chrome as your browser. I use to use Firefox but I think Chrome is even better.

Jeff
Unless Chrome has changed it's configuration over the last few months, it has built in tracking software, that is stored by Google and their intention was to use it to target certain segments.

I prefer Firefox and it works fine with the bb and offers custom configurations based on extensions selected and downloads. I left IE years ago and have not looked back.

301 - 307 of 307 Posts