Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Oh yeah, and I just joined in April and am already on page 2 of the list. ;) Talk about verbal diarrhea...

·
Registered
266 Posts
How do you see the "standings" of the # of posts?

I should know this since Papajam told me how but will someone please refresh my memory? When I go to the above-mentioned link, I see the member list which gives me the # of posts. Where do I go from there? :confused: Note: please exercise some restraint in the creativity of your answers!
Thanks!

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Go to the members list and then click on the Posts link/text at the top of the "Posts" column. Once it has sorted them you can change the listing asending or desending by clicking on the smalll pinwheel icon that shows up next to the "Posts" link.

·
Registered
266 Posts
smestas said:
Go to the members list and then click on the Posts link/text at the top of the "Posts" column. Once it has sorted them you can change the listing asending or desending by clicking on the smalll pinwheel icon that shows up next to the "Posts" link.
Thanks, Simon, but there was another step that Jim(Papajam) told me about...maybe by going into the UCP and clicking on something there, it will give you a series of numbers, one of which is the "ranking" of the poster.(Sorry for the run-on sentence.) This eliminates any counting or anything.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ok,possibly have it figured out, maybe. After you go to the members list, go to your own user name and left click on it. After that, look up in the Address window where it starts http:// etc. At the very end of the bb address is "u=number" which if I can finally remember correctly, is the "ranking" according to the number of posts. Or maybe not! :D

Correction; the number shown is the member number as far as joining the bb. :eek: Ooops!

Never mind!

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The 'ranking', in this case spider76, is the order in which each person registered on the BB. So you were the 1193rd person to register.

Posted at the same time, Ron!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
papajam said:
The 'ranking', in this case spider76, is the order in which each person registered on the BB. So you were the 1193rd person to register.

Posted at the same time, Ron!!
Wish I could say that great minds think alike as far as posting at the same time but I know better! :p

So the only way to get the ranking is to count through all those pages until you find the name that you're looking for? Rats!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Never mind number of posts, my nomination for BB hall of fame goes to Akitaman for being the St Jude of Alfas especially 105 GTs. The magic he and his band of merry men work in metal is a source of inspiration as I watch (literally) my bonnet (hood) disintegrate and wonder why my front jacking point points the way it does (upwards at about 15 degrees). Thank you for saving so many otherwise lost cars.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
I feel like a little duck flying over a pond at the hunting range...waiting to be shot down :D
I know that feeling and try to be very careful about the wording of what I post; as many of you have noticed, I fail occassionally and tend to stir turmoil among some contingencies on various topics. Rather than stirring turmoil, maybe I should go back to "lurking" since it's allowed here and frowned upon on other boards/digests by many.

Alex Csank said:
As for me, I find it incredulous to note that I am creeping up on these wonderful guys. I have neither the technical knowledge, nor the experience, nor the connections that each of these three AlfaBB leaders have. In fact, I feel pretty embarrassed about being in 4th place in terms of numbers of posts.
Oh, but you're bright, have entertaining wit and a charming writing style which gives the board diversity and flavor. You sell yourself short on knowledge and what you have to offer.

dretceterini said:
It has to go to Cheryl Braden, for putting up with Pat and his ever increasing backyard full of cars for 20+ years...
Thanks, and I am truly honored; but as in Alex's case, this is incredulous to me to be nominated. I've only been on the board a short while, will never accumulate the number of posts as the aforementioned group; I certainly do not have the technical knowledge or expertise to offer as they do or the Pat Braden's, Joe Benson's, Jim Weber's, Don Black's, Paul Tenney's, Stu Schaller's, Tom Sahines's, Brian Shorey's, or Fred DiMatteo's etc. (I apologize in advance for all those I left off this list or I could write a rather lengthy bibliography -- isn't that what I do best, anyway?) ;)

I was just Pat's wife and had the fortunate opportunity, simply by chance of where Pat chose to buy a house in California, to live and breathe Alfas daily through my marriage to him and to meet some wonderful and interesting people. I am willing to share some of those experiences to a certain extent so that others can appreciate the experience and the love of the marque as I knew it so that they can make their own memories and appreciate in their own way what a wonderful opportunity the Alfa community is and has to offer with a common goal, appreciating their Alfas.

Thank you to all of you who have been so gracious and accepting of me on the board and have expressed those feelings to me privately.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I see the ability to list member's post counts has disappeared.. is this to discourage verbal diarrhoea?

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
I see the ability to list member's post counts has disappeared.. is this to discourage verbal diarrhoea?
Huh? I can think of 3 ways to see the number of posts a member made (an dthey all work for me):
1. Each post shows the current total number of posts this member made.
2. The member's profile (just click on the name of the member near the avatar in the top left corner of a post) also shows the total.
3. Member post counts appear in the "Members List" (where you can sort them in ascending or descending order by clicking on "Posts").

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would like to think that the quality of one's posts would obscure the quantity... otherwise there is a reward for verbal (written) diarrhea... ¿no?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
What I find impressive is the long time members with few posts along with the members that have many post by helping others. We all know the members that make this place what it is.......the ones that are always surfing for someone to help in their time of need.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
What I find impressive is the long time members with few posts along with the members that have many post by helping others. We all know the members that make this place what it is.......the ones that are always surfing for someone to help in their time of need.
I don't remember the exact page numbers now, but I was amazed at the 100 pages of "0" posts, followed by another 100 or so pages of single digit posts. I didn't pay any attention to how long the subscriber had been a member, however. With my minimal number of posts I expected to be down in the lower 100 pages very easily.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Posted by dretceterini
Not that it matters, but it looks like I am up to #5, but 1800 posts behind Papajam in 1st...
Stu,
It does matter... I think you have a wealth of knowledge in the history and some of the less covered areas that concern our Alfas (and other marques as well), and I'm greatful that you share that with us. :)

And Cheryl - you do sell yourself short. I enjoy reading your anecdotes, and they do reveal that you do have technical knowledge.

This board has some great members, and it is a joy to see how helpful they are.

Best regards,

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Zunige said:
...and it is a joy to see how helpful they are.
From my perspective, it's all about the sharing of experience and knowledge. Having been on this Board for a number of years, I am delighted to have seen, and continue to see, many posters start answering questions, not ask them. So, other than wanting to be helpful, there's nothing more gratifying to me than to know that I've perhaps played a part in the transformation of a BBer from 'student' to teacher.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts