Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you already know our current web hosting company has been everything but reliable. I’d like to move the site to a new hosting company that has all the correct requirements we need. The problem as with many things is funding. Although we have had the AlfaBB donations button on the top of the page our current grand total for the new hosting machine is at exactly $201.81 and has come from less than 1 dozen contributors. If we are to make the move to the new hosting company that will give us 99.99% up time and no loss of threads or post we are going to need a minimum of $323.40 (http://www.hostway.com/webhosting/platinum.htm) for right now or preferably $599.40 (http://www.hostway.com/webhosting/platinumplus.htm) which is a plan that should cover us hopefully for a full year of growth.

I never thought that the site would have such growth as it has and unfortunately I can no longer financially support it on my own since I’m currently unemployed. This is also another factor why we haven’t had any tees or major software additions to the site (members homepages, members image galleries, etc…). I’ve been toying with the idea of advertising, banner adds, or even a store for some extra revenue to support the site but I really never intended to go that way with the site and wanted to keep it commercial free. Well see how thing progress in the following weeks.

Every little bit counts so give the PIGGY BANK a little love if you feel compelled.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=paypal

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Okay you bastiches, pay up!!!

Let's see, over 700 registered members each contributing $10. That would cover hosting fees for a while, now wouldn't it?

Isn't one stupid post by the general or a dozen telling him to shut the hell up worth $10?

How about all those great wiring diagrams posted by papajam, worth $10?

One question answered by folks with years of experience who've been there, isn't that worth $10.

A link to a video of Madonna giving Brittney some tongue, now that's gotta be worth $20!

Simon has put this together and we're gathering the benefit, it just isn't fair to leave the financial burden on his shoulders.

Think of all the ways that you've pissed away $10 and click the piggy bank. Nicola Romeo and Enzo Ferrari will smile upon you!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
There my $25. There's lots of people on the board that've saved a lot more than that with just the free advice they've received.

Without doubt, AlfaBB is the best Alfa web site I've seen anywhere. Let's make sure that Simon is able to keep it open and operating reliably.

Ante up and don't be cheap, Gentlemen.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Theres my $25 - and dont you dare hesitate to ask next time! :)

- and let me also use the opportunity to thank you guys for the time and effort you are putting into this site. The atmosphere is great, and the help, advice and feedback is outstanding. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
OK, thanks for asking, Simon! This is a great site! I have added my "Piggy Bank Droppings" to the site too!

Although usually I am against commercial sponsorship of anything...I think that having the Alfa parts suppliers and other Alfa-friendly businesses advertise and help to pay for the site isn't really a bad idea, particularly as the membership has grown so large (and world-wide).

Maybe you should communicate with fellow 'BB'er, Joe Cab (who is a part of the www.alfacentro.com team) to figure out a way to plan for the future. As I see it, this forum and the alfacentro.com site are becoming the basis for a world-wide Alfa community to serve the 21st century Alfisti.

With exciting Alfa vehicles being currently sold in most countries, the increase in current racing success in Europe, the upcoming re-introduction of Alfa into the North American marketplace and the vast and rapidly increasing numbers of on-line Alfisti, it would be great to see the AlfaBB and Alfacentro join hands and become THE place to go on-line for all things Alfa, no?

Cheers and thanks,

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was happy to donate...my friend started one of these BBs and I know the expense and time it takes to keep them running well...especially a successful one.

Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I love this site and am happy to support with $20.00 (0.13 per post and declining). I'm sure I've had 20 bux worth of information, laughs and knowledge gained in the 5 months I have been a member.

You will too. Join me and ante up!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Just like in Deliverance...

I poked the pig for $20

Suuuuueeeeeee!!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Keven, you got me so excited I had to go poke the pig again.

We got off to a good start, theres only about another 720 members who haven't contributed.

You know who you are!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hey Simon:

I punched the pig again and got us all to the amount. So go shopping and get us all a great hosting site. I think the website is the best one out there for Alfa owners and I want to see it continue to grow. Great job!

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
67 Posts
a year or two ago I set up a PayPal acct. used it once,can't remember password or ID or whatever I need.:rolleyes: Don't want two accts. Can I send you a paper check? or e payment through my internet bank? (everbank.com)
Courtney

·
Registered
325 Posts
Who says Alfa owners are cheap?!

I've seen a lot of requests for dontations in the internet, but I don't know if I've ever seen a greater (or quicker) response before. Pretty impressive, I'd say.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.