Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there alfisties!!!
i need your help for achieving my dream! (or i should call it FANTASY)
MISSION: beating a new Audi TT ROADSTER
EQUIPMENT: Alfa 33 1.7 16v, MONEY!

so, is there any planes for this mission?!
i thought to upgrade the engine, from 1.7 to 1.9, or turbo/supercharge this LITTLE LADY !!
but you know, it's better to listen to others' point of view!

*.PS:
i'm very serious, cause i must BEAT this *******, with the silver TT,(his Papa, bought him! ) to teach him, HOW TO TREAT AN ALFA! & what kind of RESPECT HE MUST GIVE !!

thnx a lot,
NaeLQ

·
Registered
880 Posts
There are many ways you can go to beat this guy. If you are really REALLY serious about beating this guy I would recommend stroking the engine to 1.9 liters puting stronger internals and then custom making a turbo kit (if there isin't one available) and adding a FAT turbo. And if some how you think that is not enough then crap add a 100hp shot of N.O.S. and say bye bye Audi :D ;)

·
Registered
11,895 Posts
Audi TT's ... blahhhhhhhh ...

... a good 33 16v should already give one of these things a run for its money.

Anyway all you have to do is wait for it to break down, as if you want to talk about unreliable cars, I even think the Audi would break before an Alfa :) ... but I am not going to admit where I got that interesting little bit of information. Lets just say that I would never own one.

I would not go for super or turbocharging. Just, if really necessary, get the engine tuned. If you can get 200hp out of a 1600cc (1700 block with 1500 crank = 1598cc) single cam 2v Sud engine (which I have done reliably enough to last a full season+), then you should be able to make the 16v work pretty good too.

The problem you may have though is the clutch and gearbox are not that strong ... and the inner CV joints can give trouble once you set the front camber to the necessary 2 degrees neg. or there about. This can be fixed by welding the circlips in to force the CV joints to work over their full length.

Anyway a 33 (or Sud) will out handle just about anything :) on the road, if setup right, so maybe cheaper to look at that first.

Pete
ps: Make sure you do not end up getting too serious on the road and hurt yourself or some innocent bystander ... take the fun to the track :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi...
if the audi is an 1.8 t audi its not impossible to beat if your car is 16v 1.7 !!
try to beat this german sqaure car ... and if you couldnt ...
you can tune you camshafts and tune the fuel injection or replace it with two nice carbs (webers)..(ofcourse you must tune some other things)....
but dont be afriad give a shot
:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
TTs are heavy and if its not a 3.2 DSG or a chipped turbo it shouldn't be too hard. Car magazine (of the UK) best described the first gen TT as a VW Golf in lingerie.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My dad had a 225hp quattro when they first came out - it was plenty quick enough and had a lot of grip. No reliability woes either PSk, only glitch was a temp gauge, replaced under warranty. They are a tad heavy though..

·
Registered
11,895 Posts
py105 said:
My dad had a 225hp quattro when they first came out - it was plenty quick enough and had a lot of grip. No reliability woes either PSk, only glitch was a temp gauge, replaced under warranty. They are a tad heavy though..
Those early quattro's are awesome cars ... I'd own one, especially a short wheelbase one!!!

My reliability comments were regarding modern cars, but maybe 'where the person I know works' is just an unlucky dealership ... ?
Pete

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I dont mean an Audi Coupe "Quattro", i mean the quattro 225hp version of the TT..

My dad isnt cool enough to have owned a REAL quattro :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just drive the alfa 33 like its stolen, I once raced a TT throgh the centre of Canberra for about 6Kms through taffic, lights and big bends, off the lights he pulled away slightly but the moment we hit corners I left him for dead, and it was'nt cause he chickened out. The 33 has brillent handling. I gained about 200 meters on the Audi through a serious of high speed bends (150km plus).
In the 33 get used to watching people pull away the lights but you can pass the on the outside when you get to the corners.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts