Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
This was no "test mule". It was a purpose built race car with the back seat area, for a normal car, comprising part of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Fast Forward 20 years

How about a mid-engine Competizione 10C for 2008? Talk about a fun way to re-enter the United States market.

That is a V-10 of legendary design. The US had to wait 10 years for the V-6 to appear from design to production, I would wait 20 years for that V-10.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 6c took so long because the managers shelved the design, as they didn't know what to put it in when the engine was built. I think I read that in one of Braden's books.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I don't care what they picked, that looks fantastic! And goes like clappers too! 9.7 quarter, 340km/h! Wow!

It's a real shame Alfa has really slumped on the racing...**** you Fiat!

ROCK ON
R~R

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p36U-ReVQO4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p36U-ReVQO4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
sexy sexy beast...but ...its still a 4dr(duck's flying objects thrown in general direction)

imagine that same setup under a gtv6 body mmm mmm good

·
Registered
518 Posts
It was originally built for the 'Procar' championship. Brabham built it whilst they were still under Bernie Ecclestones ownership. THe championship was canned pretty much as soon as the Alfa was finished although it did do some demo runs at Monza. The car was what would be called a silhouette racer. 164 body shell outline on a full race spec chassis.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My god, the noise!

Agreed that the 164 is a pretty hideous choice for the body - although the 75/Milano is no oil painting either. Still, could have been worse, could have been a 155 or a 146. Or ... an ARNA!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
My god, the noise!

Agreed that the 164 is a pretty hideous choice for the body - although the 75/Milano is no oil painting either. Still, could have been worse, could have been a 155 or a 146. Or ... an ARNA!
Wow, OK, let's insult every member on the board why don't you? Do you want add anything about Spider drivers? :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
The 155, 146, and 145 variants are great looking cars, and its a shame the Australian market never got those models. Particularly the 155 with the Q4 variant which featured Integrale engine/running rear...

I guess there will always be so called "Alfa purists" that don't think an Alfa made real cars after the 105 series... I'm not one of them!

~Benjamin

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
ive got no complaints at the body style specificaly especialy if it was intended for "sedan" racing....but cant help but wonder how much slicker thru the air and faster it would have been on a gtv6/fetta coupe body(but probably not long enuf)..mmm gtv10

·
Registered
199 Posts
My camera battery was running out so I was only able to snap one shot, but got to check one of the procars out this past summer at the Alfa Museum in Arese, Italy. It was in a section of the museum not open to the public for some reason but what do you know, we made our way back there!

Actually looking at that link, those pictures are from the museum. The ones of the motor and the last one of the car from the rear are definitely there. The front corner of the car you see in my pic is the one with the black wing behind the motor on the website. Unfortunately the camera was totally dead and could not snap photos of that one. Oh well, it was the only one in there i missed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
ive got no complaints at the body style specificaly especialy if it was intended for "sedan" racing....but cant help but wonder how much slicker thru the air and faster it would have been on a gtv6/fetta coupe body(but probably not long enuf)..mmm gtv10
The 164 probably has better C of D than the Alfetta coupe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts