Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfa Romeo Golf Umbrella SOLD

Very rare Alfa golf umbrella with only 164 produced many years ago by a fellow Alfisti. This beautiful, unique umbrella is numbered 130 of the 164, and has only slight fading, but all colors are still brilliant. There are no tears or holes. I have only seen two others at a concours event. Great to sit in your Spider to keep the seats cool while the top is down at any car event or looks beautiful hanging in your man cave. Price is $100 plus insured shipping of $15.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
That is a beautiful Alfa umbrella Steve and you have taken very good care of it! It is hard to believe that they are almost 20 years old already. Their debut was at the Alfa Romeo Owners Club National Convention in Atlanta, 1995 or '96. At the time they were the only one piece silk screened Alfa Romeo umbrella canopy and probably still are to this day. There were three sizes made; a 'personal size' with a wooden shaft and curved handle. Your 'Golf' umbrella, which was the most popular, also with a wooden shaft and handle and the 'Beach' umbrella of which very few were made. They will keep you dry in the rain but should be allowed to dry while left open to prevent the galvanized spokes from rusting. I believe you could easily get twice your asking price if you wish.
Good luck with your sale,
Mark Strohauer
Still "a fellow Alfisti"

·
Premium Member
15,870 Posts
For years now I've been using one of the all red Alfa umbrellas on my sailboat to provide ****pit shade in the late afternoons when at anchor. Bought it many years ago, haven't seen another one since.

Not to steal your ad, but wanted to comment. If I did't have mine, I would be temped to buy yours. Prettier than mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts