Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are pictures of Said Marouf's TZII. He and his son Kaid were at the track this past weekend. The car started 39th out of a 41 car field for Sunday's race. At the end, he was running 7th and posted the third fastest lap time of the race (1:57...awesome for a 1600). Had there been a couple more laps, he would have gotten third. Thanks for driving the wheels off the car, beats seeing parked on some stupid golf course green!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The next time the car will be raced is the Goodwood Festival of Speed in England. This was a "shakedown" weekend for them. From the way it ran, seems like the car is ready!

·
Registered
880 Posts
WOW!!! What a treat seeing the expensive & rare tz2 racing. Maybee next time i will see a tz2 or even a tz racing at a nearby track. hint hint anybody with these cars;) :D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
WOW!!! is right! What an awesome Alfa!

I always enjoy reading about the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Autoweek. Although I am always disappointed in their brief articles. Is there a better place to find footage of this event? Especially now that i 'know' one of the cars involved!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Thanks for driving the wheels off the car, beats seeing parked on some stupid golf course green!

WORD! :D

Last time I checked with a TZ1 (?) owner, it cost him $250K. Is a TZ2 more expensive?

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have seen TZ2's go for between $600,000 - $1,000,000. it all depends on the documented history the car carries.

·
Registered
959 Posts
112 TZ1's were made, but only 12 TZ2's. That makes it rare and thus expensive. Furthermore the TZ2's resemblance to the Ferrari 250GTO seems to make it even more desirable to some. Racing history adds a bunch to the pricetag too. As I recall, the TZ1 had the most succes, but than can be due to the fact that a higher number of TZ1s were raced. I havent seen any of them sold lately, but I think the pricedifference is about 1 to 10 - 100.000$ for a TZ1 and 1.000.000$ for a TZ2. I dont know about you guys, but thats a bit out of my range
so I have the Giulietta SZ as my "realistic" racecar of my dreams.

Should go for about 50.000$, I think.

·
Registered
959 Posts
He, he - got me there Kai! :) Well, ahem, when I wrote "realistic" - I actually meant "semi-realistic" -as its because I hope, eventually, maybe one day, perhaps to have $50K ready for a car like this
Furthermore, the car is in the US and I am in Europe. (Good excuse, right?
)

Apart from that, the car looks gorgeous, and is in my opinion excellent value for money. It should be very competitive in its class in FIA App. K - thing is; would you dare to drive it? I guess it depends on the spare change you have to cover the running cost. In my simple terminology, I have divided my dreamcars into 3 classes:

Realistic: Cars up to $10.000. Cars I could buy, by selling one or both of the ones I have at present.
Semi-realistic: Cars up to $50.000. Cars I could buy, by selling one and taking another morgage, or maybe getting an extra bonus at work.
Lotterycars: Cars I could buy if I one the £1 prize in the lottery :D

These classes are very convenient when the regular subject of "what would you do if you had X $" is discussed with my fellow gearheads!

At this weekends CHGP, some rich guys son (about 23 years I think) got to drive his dads Aston Martin DB4Zagato.

They had just bought it - cost: 2.3 mill $. He drove it flat out in close competition with an (original) AC Cobra and a (replica) lightweight E-type. And remember, this course, was in the city streets of Copenhagen, surrounded by concrete walls.... they have my deepest respect.

:

·
Registered
959 Posts
It seems I have to recalculate my TZ pricing :) - I found these for sale in France - it seems we're spoiled for choice here in Europe :D

Price: 220.000 Euros = 250.000$

Price: 250.000 Euros = 288.000$

Price: ?

Price: ?

- on the same page there's:

ALFA ROMEO - 6C 1750 ZAGATO GRAND SPORT - 1927
2 x ALFA ROMEO - 1900 SS - 1954
ALFA ROMEO - 33
ALFA ROMEO - GTC - 1965
ALFA ROMEO - 6C 2500 SS - 1939
ALFA ROMEO - 1900 cc Barchetta - 1957
ALFA ROMEO - Super Sport Pescara - 1937
ALFA ROMEO - Giulia SS - 1965
3 x ALFA ROMEO - GTA 1600 Stradale

Now, how to make room for all these cars?! :confused:

·
Registered
241 Posts
TZ2 price.....

I know that Siad has turned down an offer well over $1,000,000.00. This car has sugnificant race history, having won at Spa or the Nurnburgring...I forget which. Most of them were totalled in racing crashes.

Siad also had a prototype TZ2 with an alloy body (TZ2s were plastic/fiberglass bodied). He traded it for a Ferrari 312P/B.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts