Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a big thanks to everyone who donated their time to make the track day go so well.

This was by far the best track day at PR I can recall. Having so many Alfas on track was wonderful. More non Alfa participants than I can recall were pleased to see so many Alfas, and were quite complimentary of how well these cars look, sound, and go on track. I spoke with two guys who came out to spectate, and inquired about what was required to get their Sprints out on track.

We had TWO ALFA ONLY GRIDS! TWO! How about seven or eight Milanos running like a pack of wild dogs past the grandstand turn nine? Happened. GTVs, a GTA, Sprints, and two vintage racers out there? Yes.

This was the best move this club has made in years. I hope it proves itself fruitful in boosting membership, and participation. I hope the club can find a way to make it a permanant status: Alfa Club members driving Alfas drive for free forever.

This being the first PR date this was done, the turnout was awesome. Tell all your Alfsiti friends, we want them there! I think I counted 17 Alfas on track, plus three or four more just showing up.

Huge thanks again for masterminding this plan. It worked. I hope it continues to spread like wildfire.

Final thought. There may be a group of Alfisti who do not wish to do all out track driving with their restored car, but may enjoy a lunchtime tour of the track at "parade" speeds. This could bring out some rare cars, and further bolster the comradarie within the club.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. GREAT DAY INDEED.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's great ! With two out of two Alfas down I'm feeling left out !
Need to get my GTV6 going again so I won't miss out next time.
Looks like some of the SOVREN guys were there, maybe some test and tuning for their upcoming events.

Merril

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
A truism about Alfisti.....

If you let them in for free....:rolleyes:
They will come!!!;)

Glad to see so much enthusiasm and support for Alfas at Alfa lapping days.

·
Registered
623 Posts
A super fun day!

Chris hit it on the head...! Super fun day, lots of Alfas and lots of non-Alfa drivers commenting/complimenting. It felt great and has been a long time coming.

I think people may not realize how fun and laid back these track days really are (with the utmost attention and seriousness given to safety), and there definitely can be something for everyone with the addition of a "parade lap" session.

Let's keep this good thing going, and keep driving the hell out of our beloved Alfas!

Mirko

1 - 6 of 6 Posts