Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m am interested in buying a 1979 GTV 2.0 here in Florida. But I wonder who are the tuners and or are there any other club members here on the East Coast that can guide me in the right direction concerning parts mechanics etc.

·
Premium Member
13,455 Posts
Tom Turner, First Floor Sports Cars, Jacksonville FL has been working on Alfas for decades and he still races them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Speaking of Alfa Romeo Shops in Florida:
A long time ago while living in Pompano Beach Fl. I went to Rich Stephens Alfa on Old Dixie Highway in Pompano for all my really big problems. Rich really knew his stuff. I'm told that he worked with BobCar for a while at sometime in the past.

I went back a few years ago, after many years away from the area, and the shop had changed hands. I've always wondered what had happened to him and his wife (could not get much out of the new owner) . She ran a bit of an antique store in the same building. It was a great place to just sit and read old literature on Alfa's. I'm told they may have moved to South America. Does anyone, in the group know, "the rest of the story".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found and wrote to a vaque page called South Florida Alfa Romeo owners but the page was a freebie web page and referenced alfabb as it’s kinks so still no joy in Alfa Owners here. Specifically for the classics. Thank you for your leads, I’ll follow up on them. Jacksonville is 5 hours from here but worth the contact if it works out. David

·
Premium Member
13,455 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rick Lovecchio is in the Daytona Beach area but I think he has retired from working on cars | RML Automotive, Inc. and Performance Ignition | Alfa Romeo Restorations ..Parts ..Service
Interesting place. Thank you. It gives me that thought that we should have a post where we could compile a list of Alfa Shops across the country so if we are traveling with our Alfas or get into the marque, we would have proven, recommended shops to go to. I used to race a 944 as a young man and we could not find our wheel lock keys to change the tires out for my racing rubber tires. I took the car to a Porsche dealer for help and they couldn't replicate the key but they drilled them off and gave me a new set of locks for free including labor! I was so grateful that I couldn't help but recommend them to the club when I got back to the track. That kind of recommendation is key to a successful marque moving forward into the classic realm.
David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts