Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Sorry cannot help you, but looks reminiscent of immediate post-war cars. Is this yours? And are my eyes deceiving me or can I see what appears to be two gear levers ... ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
So, I spent some time pouring over some books - and can't find anything exactly like that. The closest I could find was a very similar two spoked design found on a couple 1948-51 6C 2500 cabriolets (though not all of them seem to have the two 'open' spokes - some had thin solid spokes like in the picture below) Can't find any digital pics of the two open spokes - and I don't have a scanner handy to scan the pics from the books. One book is the Alfa Romeo Buyer's Guide, Second Edition by Joe Benson. Pic is on page 18. Problem is that these cars had a different looking dash - with lots of Bakelite or Ivory knobs and the center medallion on the steering wheel hub appeared to be a clear resin (again, like the pic below from a '51 car).
So P1Lizzy - what else can you tell us about the car in the photo?

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
May I hazard a guess..?

Alfa Romeo Matta?

EDIT: Nah, probably not... Just figured that the two levers were a gear lever and a 2wd/4wd lever... Or even for high/low gearing.

Oh well.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Another attempt...

A 1949 6C Freccia d'Oro - car has same center band running through the dashboard, so it appears to be same/similar model. The steering wheel is the more common 2 spoke bakelite or whatever material that I've seen on most every other car.
It's possible the steering wheel is not original to the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Robergel, a French company, made some steering wheels for Italian and French cars of the late 1940s - early 1950s, including Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Simca Sport, Delahaye, etc. This looks like it might be a Robergel steering wheel. They also made road wheels.

Peter Zobian

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
The steering wheel looks to be for a 6c2500 from the post war series. What happened to the car? Looks like it was in a fire.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Alfa Romeo Matta...but the dashboard don't seems to belong to a jeep.
Forget the Jeep/Matta idea! What you're looking at is a parking brake lever - not a second gear shift. That diamond plate is beneath the car - there is no flooring left.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts