Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
You guys have all the luck on spotting alfas. I have posted numerous times if any alfa are in west Texas or southern New Mexico. My first was a 57 spider veloce that I got in 62 or 61, Getting old! raced until 69 and wound up in Porsche's. Got out of sports cars in 81 and didn't get back until 09. Doing a roto resto on a 73 spider, drive a 86 quad, just finished a 91 veloce and finishing another 91. Have a 76 and 82 spider I don't know what I am going to do with except probably rebuild them. The 91 veloce i just sold to a guy that is nearly my age and as far as Iknow is the only other alfa in the area. These cars are classic sports cars and deserve the attention from every one. I cannot believe that this marque can not get the Alfas owners together regionaly. You can get from the dmv alfa owner listings. Find them and start communicating to get the enthusasim going and start a real association!

Discussion starter · #46 ·
I think that is Dr. Melmed's 1958. He was at ICF.

Anyone know who owns the grey 1750 Berlina that showed up at the DFW Saturday at Starbucks FCA event this month? Nice looking car from the pics I saw!

Discussion starter · #47 ·
4 Alfas at the AutoRama last weekend in our club display:
2008 8C
1987 Milano Verde
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1967 Zagato Gran Sport Quattroruote

Spotted a red Series 3 spider in the parking lot of Albertsons at the corner of Ferndale and Northwest Highway in the Lake Highlands area of Dallas.

It looked great!

Jeff
1994 164 LS
1977 Fiat 124 spider

83 Alfa 33 Sportwagon

Hey guys, new to the board and thought you might like to see what I drug over from Germany two years ago. It's my daily driver in Shreveport and is and '83 33 model Sportwagon with a 1.5l and dual 36mm Dellortos. It should be for sale or trade real soon as I'm wanting to get a Milano, GTV or Alfetta, something with AC!

Attachments

Hi 84Alfa33, your car certainly is rare over here. Please consider bringing it over for ItalianCarFest in early September. We would love to have it and it will certainly generate a lot of questions as many of us have never seen a 33 - me included.

Hope you can make it,

Cheers,

Jeff
Dallas, TX
1994 164 LS

Hello Jeff,
I may do that. What is the date and location? The car is not really in a condition to be shown right now, the front seats are pretty ratty and it has been vandalized on the left front fender and hood by what appears to be a hammer. I may throw my other hood on (it's silver though) and drive it over. Are you guys familiar with the guy in the Metroplex selling the late model Alfas? He has a 155TD and a 33 Imola for sale, I was just wondering how he got those in as they are way too new....

Cheers,
Wendell

Hi Wendell,

The show is Saturday, September 10th. We will have a special parking section near the show field for Italian cars, so you can show the car there if you like. It will generate a lot of stares. Here is the link to the show is you want to enter.

ItalianCarFest

I knew about a 1990s diesel 156 that was for sale in the area but did not ask how it came upon onto these shores. It also did not have AC which is probably one major item holding it back from sale.

I will be at the show with my blue 164 LS so swing by and say hello if you make it out.

Cheers,

Jeff
Dallas, TX

Hi 84Alfa33, your car certainly is rare over here. Please consider bringing it over for ItalianCarFest in early September. We would love to have it and it will certainly generate a lot of questions as many of us have never seen a 33 - me included.

Hope you can make it,

Cheers,

Jeff
Dallas, TX
1994 164 LS
Hi, I second Jeff, I've never seen a 33, is that a flat 4? like the old alfasuds had?
So yes, please come to the italianCarFest. Its free and theres great food!!

Hello Jeff,
I may do that. What is the date and location? The car is not really in a condition to be shown right now, the front seats are pretty ratty and it has been vandalized on the left front fender and hood by what appears to be a hammer. I may throw my other hood on (it's silver though) and drive it over. Are you guys familiar with the guy in the Metroplex selling the late model Alfas? He has a 155TD and a 33 Imola for sale, I was just wondering how he got those in as they are way too new....

Cheers,
Wendell
He's a regular on craigslist, he even had an autobianchi on there a few months ago.
Dont worry about the car not being show condition, we dont care :)

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.