Alfa Romeo Forums banner

241 - 260 of 2244 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alfa Spotting

The Speedster on I-680 south was my wife. Now I know how she drives my car when alone. She drives it like it should be driven.

Happy spotting guys, and gals.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alfa Spotting

Last night at about 9pm on 680S in San Ramon, CA. I saw a black Milano being towed on a trailer by a white GMC Yukon. Slowed down to check it out and it seems it had a little tiff with something solid and lost the battle. Had some damage near the passenger side front tire.

I did the Alfa salute, am not sure the driver heard or saw me as he had tinted windows on his truck.

Its always a thrill to see another ALFA, especially if you are driving yours.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw a nice lookin GT jr. today arround noon today in downtown Campbell, Ca. It looked really nice, but sadly I had no camera.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Alfa "Nest" in Alameda CA

This Spider and 164L are within a mile or so of each other on Buena Vista in Alameda CA.

Ken

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
alfa75 88 said:
Not an Alfa, but worth mentioning. And note the Fiat Spider behind the white van parked off to the side. That made three Italian cars on one block.

there seems to be alot of italian cars in salt lake.....

spotted two 164's within a few meters of eachother, love seeing italian cars being driving in extreme cold.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Work at NASA Ames Research Center for the past 3 years and never came across this until today. It is in excellent condition. Hopefully the owner is here on alfabb.com.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Didn't get a picture, but saw a Milano Gold headed south on 395 this morning between Carson City and Minden, had Nevada plates. I passed you and waved from the red WRX.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Saw a dark silver/grey Spider last night at about 5:45pm in traffic on I-680S between Walnut Creek and Alamo CA. I slowed down, blew my horn for the Alfa salute and proceeded in my Red EATS BMW 164S.

Hope he is a member on the board.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I went to look at a Saab 900 that's for sale today and saw this on the way:

Maybe I'll start leaving AlfaBB notes on Alfas I see.. it'd be nice to see more SLC people on the BB.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
What a day!

Lots of 164's!

1st pic was about a month ago where out of nowhere an LS shot past me, so I caught up with it on Bernal and then we both took 680 North towards Danville. We got up to about 125 and held for a few miles, we both salluted when we broke off into different journies.

2nd pic(s) are of a red 164S that was in the parkinglot structure by Sears at the stoneridge mall 12/21/2005 @ about 10pm in Pleasanton, Ca. It looked very nice with those wheels and it's tint. It had nice red paint with very few blemishes. I parked right next to it and left a note on it with this website's url and my email address. still no reply :(

3rd, no picture, but I saw a black 164S THAT VERY NIGHT on the way home go perpendicular to me on what I believe to be Hopyard in Pleasanton, Ca @ around 10:30 - 11pm. Anyone on here??? There has to be someone out of the three!

What a day :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Spreading the Gospel of the Alfa BB in Novato CA

There were no Alfas in the Kragen Auto Parts lot when I went in, but a teal/green boattail was parked near the door when I came out so I waited until the owner came out. Talked a few minutes, asked if he's on the bb, he is. Then I took off to Target for some Christmas shopping. There was a red 164S parked in the Burger King lot, so I parked next to it, looked around and didn't see anyone heading toward it. I hoofed it across the lot to Target, figuring the 164S would be long gone by the time I got back. Well, it was still there when I got back and someone was headed toward it. Talked about Alfas in general, found out he didn't know of the bb, suggested he check it out. You rarely catch 2 Alfas in parking lots in the same day much less talk with the owners. And yes, you guessed it, I didn't have a camera with me. Still, it was a pretty good day- spreading the Alfa BB gospel...

Ken

·
Registered
95 Posts
Silver '74 GTV on the Embarcadero in San Francisco

I was driving around the City in my '74 GTV (also silver) while I was waiting for my wife to finish some Christmas shopping and I spotted a silver GTV parked on the Embarcadero near Broadway. Anyone?

Greg
'74 GTV

·
Registered
51 Posts
Saw a black 164S in front of the Ferrari and Maserati Dealership of Seattle last week. Seen another black 164 several times in Redmond. Redmond is normally crawling with Porsches.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was in San Fran this past week and must have seen 5 or 6 alfas. A silver 164, two black, a white spider and a red one. they are all over the place there. I also saw a lot of ducatis riding around the bay area.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I had a dream last night that I was driving my old Spider in San Diego of all places (I've only been there once in my life), and in the dream I saw a white early S2 Spider with a weird fat red stripe along the side. In my dream, I remember thinking to myself "I gotta remember to post that Alfa in the Alfa Spotting thread" What does that mean? Am I spending too much time on the bb??? :confused:

241 - 260 of 2244 Posts