Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2041 - 2060 of 2244 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Went to Indianapolis Cars & Coffee this morning. Only three Alfas, my GTV6, an '84 Spider and, surprisingly, a new Spider with Arizona plates. I didn't find the owner to ask how he got the car into the U.S.
That reminds me... I saw the same black 916 Spider I mentioned in an earlier post at an European car show at the Tuscan Kitchen in Salem, NH. That was on July 27th and I had my (rather dirty) 164 LS there too.

On my way into Boston Tuesday morning on I-93 south I spotted a black 916 Spider Twin Spark with Mass. plates and waved to the driver. I was in my 164 LS. I also saw that same car leaving the parking lot at Heav'nly Donuts in Methuen, MA a week or two back. Is it anyone here on the BB (or anyone who knows him)?

No photos, sadly. I'll try to get one the next time I see it.
The owner is from Italy and imported the car from there. IIRC he said it was his and couldn't bear to leave it after moving to the US.

He claims his Spider is fully legalized, but I checked the NHTSA web site and I don't see the 916-chassis cars exempted. Caveat emptor, would-be importers...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Spotted: A gorgeous Alfa Red Duetto, in beautiful condition at(a knock-off)
"Cars & Coffee" in Boynton Beach, FL.. I was in my BMW 2002tii, I'm usually driving my S4 Alfa Spider.....I couldn't find the Duetto owner & have never seen this Alfa before. Wonder if anyone here knows it?

Regards

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Today, Delray Beach, So. Florida(the 'un-offical-capitol' of Corvettes-the dreaded Harley Davidson noise makers-and motorized wheelchairs) I actually saw an Alfa Romeo! It was the newer, wedge-shaped, Spider in a kind of French blue...parked at Trader Joes. I took a photo on my crummy telephone, but have no idea how to get it off the phone & on to my computer---my apologies.

Regards

·
Registered
805 Posts
#63 Launch Edition 4C At Large

Today at Secret Car Club in Rancho Santa Fe, CA.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
"He claims his Spider is fully legalized, but I checked the NHTSA web site and I don't see the 916-chassis cars exempted. Caveat emptor, would-be importers..."

He probably has it under "Show or display car", only get like 1500 miles or so per year on the road. It may be 2500 but I have not looked it up recently.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Green S2 in Jupiter, FL

Saw a green S2 with the top down in Jupiter, FL, today, December 20th, southbound on U.S. ! right after the drawbridge was lowered. Wasn't in my S3 to wave at you, and didn't have my camera phone ready, so I missed the photo op.

I've seen a red S2 on U.S. 1 in that area, but this is a first sighting for this green one. Is it anyone on the forum?

David

·
Registered
971 Posts
Last week, my first Vancouver, WA Alfa sighting - a nice red 164S on aftermarket multi-spoke wheels, I think on Mill Plain near the 205. Nice car, are there any others out there? Missing my Alfas, which are waiting for me back home in SF.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
White 24V car (LS or Q) in San diego last weekend

Spotted coming off 15 north freeway at pomerado/Miramar road, you were waiting to go west on Miramar road. I went by you heading east on Pomerado in my green LS. Don't know anything about you -- are you on here? My son spotted you and I got a glimpse as we passed right in front of you....

2041 - 2060 of 2244 Posts