Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 78 Alfa Sport Sedan for sale on the BB and have gotten several different opinions on the preference of the car. Either sell it with original bumpers, and gray velour seats, steel wheels, or the current "Rally " mode which I used when I went to mexico to do the road rally. I have it setup that the bumpers and original seats and wheels bolt back on and the red film hood just peels off.

I'd like to get peoples opinions of which car they would prefer to drive on a regular basis? Big bumpers good for city parking lots, rally look for the weekend drive in the mountains. Price of $7500 basically stays the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I would prefer the Rally mode. But how abut just offering the bumpers and stock whees so the buyer could switch back and forth?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would guess the solid rubber bumpers weigh about 40 lbs each. The have some heft to them.
I keep looking for berlina bumpers but they are hard to obtain since most berlina project owners are keeping them with hopes of finishing off their own berlina.
I wouldn't put the euro bumpers on since they have the funky plastic pieces that make it look cheaper than it is.
I don't plan to put the heavy rubber bumpers back on the car since it looks like bolt on handicaps to slow it down. Turn in feel feels much better without the bumpers. The full poly suspension, bilsteins, and larger sway bar probably have something to do with that. I also feel the 195 width Michelins turn in better than the 205's I use for track. Seat of the pants feel.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So 1 vote for rally, and 2 bumper kickers. Any other opinions about which look would alfa people prefer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts