Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I think it's pretty cool!! :cool:

It's already been bashed by the others, I'm sure very few will agree with me...in public at least!;) I bet it's a whole hellava lot faster then my spider!!

Not sure it's just like Dustin Hoffman drove....he woulda wrecked it!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
THIS IS A DISGRACE...............
It should have a manual trans.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Works for me. I epecially like the automagic trans. A lot of folks poo pooed the Sunbeam Tiger but it worked out ok. The biggest problem that I see, beside deplorable handling, is; how do you service the distributor?

I may have opted for an engine with the dist up front. This comming from someone who put a Buick Nail Head engine in an Austin Healy 100. At least my engine choice was lighter than the original iron ingot engine that came in the AH.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I'm suprised he could shoehorn a 350/auto into a Spider

Looks like a very nice install of a 350/auto into a Spider if that's your thing. At least it's completed, unlike Brock's car.:rolleyes: But I agree that it probably doesn't handle all that well and smokes the tires on acceleration due to insufficient rear weight transfer. Also, I think the auto (I presume a Turbo 350 or 400) would not fit into the normal 69 Spider tunnel.

I also see that the car was originally white (based upon the dash color) but was painted "resale red."

It will be interesting to see what this car fetches. I suspect it will easily get the asked price and could go over the BIN price. This is based upon the selling price for the roundtail with the wire wheels, etc that sold recently.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
imo a SC'ed chevy v6 and 5spd would have been a better choice to keep the weight down and the power up......sooo sick of 350/350 combo's in everythin..

a chevy 350 is the lazy mans way out

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I think it's cool. I know the purists won't like it, but they are a strange breed. The same purists would worship the car if it was a conversion done by Shelby in the 60's.

Don't assume it won't handle well. A small block Chevy with alloy heads, intake manifold and tubular headers is lighter than you think. With an alloy block I doubt it's much heavier than the Alfa 4cyl.

Greg

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
soooooo sick of seing ppl take the "easy way out" and useing blah blah blah chevy 350's

get some originality...a nice turbo 4 from a toyota or nissan a nice newwer aluminum block v6..anything but another stupid chevy 350

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Kudos to the guy that actually did this. A properly restored Duetto could fetch more than what this one is asking for without the conversion. So I doubt money was on his mind when he was building this. I know the purists might hate it but it looks like it was a fun project nonetheless. With that said, most people that want a Duetto are looking for unmolested originality these days. I doubt this person will be able to sell it for what he is asking.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I wonder how a 350, which weighs about 500lbs, impacts the handling. Not very well, me thinks;)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts