Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 78 Spider. PO has done a number on the wiring. I am not getting power to the main fuel pump. I have continuity on that circuit. What was not obvious to me is how power gets to the little fuse block that the fuel pump circuit is on... I do not see a connection to the main fuse box.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I found it, one side of the female connector on the brown wire is broken off. There are actually 2 brown wires that come together and then connect to the number 6. I have female connectors to replace the broken one but the blue connector that fits the male side in the fuse box does not have a big enough opening to get both wires in. Suggestions?

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,357 Posts
There should be three wires going to that fuse, two browns and a green/black wire. The green/black goes to the coil.

I'm not sure wat a blue connector is. If you mean a wire terminal, you might need to source a few spares.

I bought terminals from these folks. Many of the ones they supply are the same Lucas style as on our Alfas. If you are planning on thoroughly going thru the wire harness, I would stock up on a selection of the terminals. They also offer some other tasty bits to restore wire harnesses.

It sometimes is a bit of a challenge to stuff two or three wires into the wire connector and get it crimped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it, I see the 3 wires that you mention. I also found a terminal that would work. Good news is I have power to the pump. Bad news is pump leaks like a seive. O-rings in pump are shot. I ordered a 2 port pump from Vics, hopefully not to hard to convert from the 3 port original to the 2 port...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts