REALLY wrong springs, I'd guess.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its the new SUV version :)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I can tell from one of the pics it doesn't have an engine or trans in it. Not sure what's up with the rear.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The description says, "Rebuilt original 1.6 Liter 4-cyllinder engine and rebuilt original 5-speed transmission." Why the heck is it all jacked up like that? No suspension limit straps and cables? I'd hate trying to drive that sucker without falling over....

·
Registered
576 Posts
For the sake of posterity I think we need a permanent picture, here, of the vehicle being discussed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,382 Posts
It's hard to imagine how end you up like that if you didn't intend to. On the other hand, there's no end of online pictures to guide you when setting up ride height. I'm quite mystified as to who, what, when, where, how, why.

Andrew

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Looks like my Sprint GT did after fitting a set of standard ride height springs from a supplier who shall remain nameless.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If the owner is that oblivious to the ride height, what else is incorrect?

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
What I saw on Velocity Channel was it in the on-deck circle then they cut to commercial and missed the auction.. They did however post a $60000 price for it in the footnotes of the next auctions. Seemed like the stance was correct .

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
The mind boggles!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Wait, it just occurred to me why the car sits so high. It must be that high to off-set the weight of the driver and passenger. Poor car.

·
Super Moderator
11,357 Posts
Looks like my Sprint GT did after fitting a set of standard ride height springs from a supplier who shall remain nameless.
Yes, I think that's the answer. Many aftermarket "performance" springs are so darned stiff that you end up with a stance like this.

The auction description pretty much says the car was just restored to flip at auction. No doubt whoever did the work either knows little about Alfas, and/or lacked the time to get softer/shorter springs. Makes you wonder about the quality of the rest of the work.

In looking at this shot of the interior, there are a number of incorrect details.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts