Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, the photo shows the sender for the oil pressure gauge. That is on the right side of the block.

It can be accessed without removing any other parts. It will have either a 14mm or 17mm hex against the block. You'll need a short, thin wrench to get on it. I use a bicycle wrench. They are stamped out of 1/8" steel so easy to cut/bend to make a custom wrench for the sender.

You can test the gauge & wiring by switching on the ignition then grounding the wire attached to the sender (remove it from the sender and touch it to bare metal). The gauge needle should go to maximum. If it does the gauge & the wire are OK.
Ok, very clear instructions, I’m going in 1st. Thing tomorrow, thanks to you, I learned there were two to deal with, I am glad I installed the pressure switch to the correct side of the block. I assume I can get to it from top side? I’ll post how it turns out.
thanks Man!
Harry G.
( L/S) i got the part # for the oil pressure sender now, if anyone needs it, it’s FST-7577 87 Spider.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well , figured out a fuse and a bad bulb for tail lights and Park light, thanks to the diagram of the fuse box! Thanks I ordered new loops for the Conv, top latches, waited long time, when got here was very cheap cardboard crap, robots wouldn’t stay fixed, pulled right thru so I made my own , used the ones they sent for pattern, double faced used baby Alligator, hidden screw caps with nuts and washers, Tiny, very sturdy and I think cool looking!?

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Does anyone happen to know a wrench with experience working on Older Alfa’s in the Sarasota Fl. Area? I’m going to have to farm out the Oil sender gauge and fuel low gauge issues.
thanks,

21 - 27 of 27 Posts