Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting ready to get my '74 Spider back on the road. It was supposed to be a combined restoration project, but ex-husband is gone and I don't feel up to doing it all myself. I have a number of parts collected for an engine rebuild and will need a few parts to clean-up the interior and exterior. It did run when it was parked - but has been parked for about 15 years now. It looks like ex-husband took some parts off the engine as he cleaned out the garage - but I think most everything is there. Are there any shops in the Atlanta, Charlotte or Asheville areas that work on Alfas that are reasonable and could handle something like this? I know it needs an engine rebuild (close to 300k miles), typical second gear synchro issue and we picked up a bell-housing, limited slip differential, new shocks, etc … Hard to remember that far back. I have since learned that if you park a car … list what needs to be done or at least the symptoms so you don't forget. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I would highly recommend Gary Baucom at Sports Car Authority in Matthews, NC. They have done a lot of the work I cannot do myself on my Alfas. Gary's office number is (704) 574-0207.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Please let me second John's nomination. Sports Car Authority really knows Alfa's and Fiats and take great pride in their work. They have time for questions and seem to charge fair prices for the work done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hitch World (or is it Hitch House?) on North Peachtree Rd. in Chamblee does a lot of Alfa service. Bob (co-owner) used to run Auto Delta on Clairmont Rd. That was an Alfa shop. He has loads of Alfa experience.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
A '74 spider was my first Alfa Romeo and I loved it in dark 'midnight blue'. I am sorry about the ex. and hope the kids are well if you have any. Too many of us have been there.

Charlie Grant has a shop at 77 Cleveland Ave. Hartwell, GA 30643. He works on Alfas and Porches. His phone #706-376-7623. Two friends use him and they are very particular & say he is reasonable; I think he would be good for a project like this.

I have used Bob at the Hitch House for years on a 164-S. I understand they are very busy installing trailer hitches but perhaps this would be their off season. He knows the 164's but is not cheap. His #770-674-2395 @3920 N. Peachtree Road Atlanta Ga 30341.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts