Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always found the Alfa BB to be a gentle group, but I am ready to get "flamed" for this one...:)
I miss the "Alfa Romeo" script logo that was on the back of my '74 spider.
Now I've got a spoiler with a rear tailight, "Inzione" and "Spider Veloce." Since I am not a stickler for authenticity, I was thinking about removing the "inzione" and putting on an old Script Logo.
As I look at it, it just doesn't feel like it would look very good. I am having a hard time visualizing.
Has anyone ever seen this done?

I'm ready for flames. I have Nomex

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I’m with you, I really like the look of the script. I have a gtv6 and want to take the gtv6 emblem off the hatch and put a chrome script there.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Totally with you. I am badging my 1969 boot lid as if it was a non-USA car. Dropped the Inzione even though I am planning to keep the SPICA. Also, my parts car was a 1600 Euro spec and I have chosen to refurbish and install those Metric/Italian language gauges. So make it what you want. I did not like the block lettering at all. Still have it in a plastic bag, so not in the landfill. Original gauges in a box too.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
On my son's GTV 6 restoration, we decided to split the rear script, balancing "Alfa Romeo" on the left side and "GTV 6 2.5" on the right. And, Mike wanted a tribute to Giorgetto Giugiaro, designer of the original Alfetta GT. So we found these adhesive badges, too. We liked the results.
20160803_133801.jpg 20170409_195753.jpg 20170409_195908.jpg

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Not to hijack, but that's a very nice looking 6! I like the bumpers.
Thank you sir! The European molded bumpers. We found those via a gentleman Alfista here on the BB, out of The Netherlands. He had them packaged and shipped with a load of industrial equipment. I did a writeup on the installation of them on a North American market GTV 6. Not difficult at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Currently awaiting delivery of my '89, and I must agree with you. I feel like the S3 got the short end of the stick compared to the other generations as far as badging is concerned... and I've already pondered replacing the vanilla badges with that gorgeous script. Just not sure if anyone has done it, nor if it will look any good on that black spoiler!!!

·
Registered
'81 Spider Veloce (US) with Weber conversion
74 Posts
Totally agree, make it your own. There's always gonna be haters and always gonna be admirers. Ive made my 81 a sort of 73 clone. Stainless early mirrors, wiper arms and bumpers. Early style interior door panels, console removed, power windows and A/C removed. I cut my Spider veloce script badge into 2 words and put it on the dash! I am in love with how my car looks. Put whatever badging on it you like and enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm doing the same on mine. Ordered a badge from a 91-94 spider. Never liked the 80s block letters, and apparently neither did Alfa as the script only lasted one generation. Keep the old one- if someone is a stickler for originality you can swap back.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The 'Alfa Romeo' script is legible cursive. I have practiced graphoanalysis for fifty-six years and the script tells a character story. Also a pre-'75 front grille would fit in the space behind the bumper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question: Does and '86 Spider Veloce necessarily bear two badges on the tail (Spider Veloce and Inezione) and in script, Spider Veloce, on the front quarters?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The tail would have "injection" on the left and "Spider Veloce" on the right and the "Spider Veloce" script on the sides in front of the doors

1 - 19 of 19 Posts