Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm just rebuilding my original S4 power antenna from scratch and all is going well. However I notice that there is a drain hole at the bottom of the unit.

My logic is like everything else on the S4 that there is a drain tube from everything including the battery tray. I can see that at the base of the power aerial there is a nipple that is quite obviorsly desingned to have a drain tube fitted.

Does anyone here have any idea where this drain hose would be threaded to the outside and underside of the Spider as I cannot imagine that it would be left to drain into the spare wheel well.

Any ideas woul be most welcome.

Thank you - P

DSC06842.JPG

DSC06843.JPG

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
you might be overthinking this......I very much doubt water flows out that drain enough to rust out the trunk
A drop of condensation or two, perhaps, if at all.

Maybe just route a short hose to the battery tray, if you are worried....and let the battery tray drain do the work.(presuming you have the rubber tray under the battery with the drain intact)

I always thought that 'drain nipple' would be better served to shoot some light lubricant up into, to lubricate the motor spiral shaft and plastic wheel:)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I have to agree with Dom on this detail. BTW what did you use for the drive cable, weed eater line? Just curious...

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
OK
Seems idiotic idea to me.
The less moisture collecting under the spare wheel the better, if you were to ask me

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with you the 164 use the some setup
I have a plastic bag and paper towel under the hose end in case is any water drips the paper towel will absorb the water

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't see any reason for a drain tube on the motor for the aerial. I have an old rag stuffed under it just in case but I have yet to find any moisture on it, even after washing the car. You probably will get more moisture in there from a wet coat or umbrella:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts