Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive always had a soft spot for alfas and now im finally old enough to drive (17). anyway i really want to get an oldish alfa romeo but im not sure if that is really a good idea. I live with my parents about 500 metres from the ocean and the car has to be parked on the street. i was thinking maybe a 75 or 164. id love a gtv but its probably a bit 2 much work. am i dreaming or is it possible?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
A 75 or 164 will not rust any worse than any other 80s/90s car, they're galvanised and will be fine. As for the salt air.. Hmm, probably not great for them, but, as above, no worse than something else.

The whole Alfas rusting thing is made out a lot worse than it really is, just to let you know.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Oh and is it possible?

Sure, I had 3 cars before I had my licence and have had two Alfas since, and Im only 20 going 21 and I drive my 1970 Alfa everyday.

So yes, of course its possible. Where are you located by the way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks for the replies sorry for waiting so long to reply but i made this thread then left for 6 days. I lve in merewether in newcastle. so the 75 is galvenised? that should be ok then i suppose its the earlier gtv's and the like that had the serious rust problems.

sweet as thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts