Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1206 Posts

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,133 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Yeah, you can go ahead and save, but just for a car, not an Alfa. If the Alfa 4C shows, you're all set. If not, there's always the Lotus, or a Corvette!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think the fact that the launch date has been pushed back several times, that the Fiat is not selling as expected, and the Dodge Dart announcement is pretty conclusive that there is no Alfa in North America's future.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fiats aren't selling as expected because Americans want to drive "bigger" cars. If Alfa's were sold here, something bigger like the Guilietta, I think Fiat would see an increase in sales. Even though I like the 500, I don't think I'd buy one. I was very happy with my 164 though.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Here We Go Again!!

In two more years - LINK :eek::eek::eek:

Ladies and Gentlemen, please place your bets . . . . :D;):D;):confused:

·
Registered
821 Posts
The U.S. Surgeon General strongly suggests that one not hold their breath waiting for this to happen.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Then there are other threads to look at. You don't have to look over the fence if you don't want to see what's there! Some guys don't like dissing Alfa/Fiat, or complaints about vendor service, some guys don't like green hose, some guys don't care about what is correct rear droop strap material, some guys don't like global warming threads (me), some guys don't like much of anything but being crabby. But you are free to look at what you want here! Ain't America and the ABB great! :) B

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,133 Posts
Then there are other threads to look at. You don't have to look over the fence if you don't want to see what's there! Some guys don't like dissing Alfa/Fiat, or complaints about vendor service, some guys don't like green hose, some guys don't care about what is correct rear droop strap material, some guys don't like global warming threads (me), some guys don't like much of anything but being crabby. But you are free to look at what you want here! Ain't America and the ABB great! :) B
Thanks for your permission, Bruce.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I predict threads like this will continue to waste bandwidth for two more years.:rolleyes:

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Larry, it is a gift, PTL!!!

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Gift, Bruce.... or curse.

I don't even know which it is anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Get over this ILLUSION!!

Alfa Romeo is never going to return to this side of the POND. FIAT is all screwed up and for them to make any effort to return Alfa to the U.S. would be a fiasco, or even better a JOKE. Just look at the 8C, another FIASCO!! 300K Yea right that cars worth that much, a P.O.S., UGLY piece of Crap!! Why don't they just shut up and stay in Italy, quit this B.S. and just say we ain't selling NO cars in the U.S.

So all you Alfa Guy's and Gals out there drop it!!! Alfa Romeo Brand is never coming back to the U.S. I've been hearing this B.S. for over 15 years.

STOP these STUPID FORUMS.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Get over this ILLUSION!!

Alfa Romeo is never going to return to this side of the POND. FIAT is all screwed up and for them to make any effort to return Alfa to the U.S. would be a fiasco, or even better a JOKE. Just look at the 8C, another FIASCO!! 300K Yea right that cars worth that much, a P.O.S., UGLY piece of Crap!! Why don't they just shut up and stay in Italy, quit this B.S. and just say we ain't selling NO cars in the U.S.

So all you Alfa Guy's and Gals out there drop it!!! Alfa Romeo Brand is never coming back to the U.S. I've been hearing this B.S. for over 15 years.

STOP these STUPID FORUMS.
Anger Management: Tips and Techniques for Getting Anger Under Control

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Whoa!
And F1 Tommy thinks I was being negative...

Mr. Chairman, I yield the remainder of my negativity to the esteemed gentleman from Vermont. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Whoa!
And F1 Tommy thinks I was being negative...

Mr. Chairman, I yield the remainder of my negativity to the esteemed gentleman from Vermont. :)
Thats true, he wins hands down. I know when they do return you will all be at the FIAT/ALFA dealers trying to get the first look. I too hope they don't mess up, but I remember Alfa Romeo back in the 1980's having a bad dealer network and very bad national office. It can't do anything but get better. ARDONA sucked, and the time they ordered 4 bolt 164 brake rotors for the US cars back in the early 1990's proved that. No rotors for months and that is the tip of the iceberg. And lets talk about the old Montreal's, a car made with an antique chassis and solid rear axle. A pretty car but it could have been many times better. Alfa was never perfect by any means, so people on this board should stop trying to act like they were. The 1960's and 1970's Alfa's were also not great sellers other than the cheaper 4 door sedans. The rose colored glasses need to be taken off, although Alfa did make many great cars back then, they were almost always flawed in some way.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 17th 2012

1 - 20 of 1206 Posts