Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Romeo van?

42K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Sketchl 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,
This is my first post on this forum, but I'm here as a guest for quite long time.
Somewhere in the net (I don't remember where) I found the photo of Alfa Romeo (?) van. Despite some search I couldn't find any info about that car. Anyone knows what it is?
Cheers,
Jan
P.S. Picture title "Alfa Romeo AR4" is mine. I have no clue is it correct.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Dear Jan,

Welcome to the BB, it is a great place.
I have seen some of these vans in Europe. I am not sure if they are true Alfa's. i bleive they are rebadged Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot vans. People can be very inventive to stick with there favoriite brand, I once saw a Renault espace renamed as a BMW including the famous double kidney, and i must say it was done as if it was original.
If I am correct, they are based on a MPV that was sold as the Peugeot 806, the Citroen Evasion, the Fiat Ulysse and Lancia Zeta. The Fiat van was sold as a Scudo, the Peugeot as a Expert and the Citroen as a Jumpy.
I ran its license to the Dutch DVLA (RDW) to check how it was registered, unfortunately it came up as a blank. The car is clearly parked somewere in the Netherlands (the radsigns gave it away). I will check if I can find pictures of others.

Regards,

Jelle

#15 ·
I recently found a site that has more info on the rego, it was registered as a Fiat Scudo 1.9 TD. I presume it left the Netherlands in 2006 it has a status of being exported.

It weight is 1380 kg, it has a 1.905 cc engine that developed 68 kW (92 Pk)
It was first registered in May 1996.

#3 ·
Hi Jelle,
I have seen loads of them around Europe (I'm in Jersey, Channel Islands, not US New Jersey), but never badged as Alfa Romeo. The car looks very "factory look" and I suspect that it could be similar story to Alfa Romeo AR6 and AR8 vans.
Regards,
Jan

#4 ·
No connection to Alfa Romeo at all for the vehicle in the picture. The AR8 - AR6 were the last "badge engineered" Alfa Romeo commercial vehicles made and production for those vehicles ceased in 1988. The vehicle in the picture which is from the nineties is a Peugeot/Citroen co-operation with an Alfa Romeo heart glued over the normal grille.

#9 ·
Alfa van

I have just noticed the following ad for an Alfa 35 4X4 for sale. I like the remark regarding the lack of radioactivity , this being an ex NATO vehicle.

4X4 IVECO DAILY Alfa Romeo AR 35 5.2 DIESEL
1987 ,
DOUBLE CABIN WITH 7 SEATS, TWIN, platform with tarpaulin,
5 SPEED 4X4
SUITABLE FOR RAID IN THE DESERT.
6. NOT THERE 'THE RISK THAT ARE RADIOACTIVE AND LIKE VM EX NATO MILITARY!

Camper4x4usati.com - ALFA AR 35 DAILY 4X4

Attachments

#14 ·
saw this @ a car show last year here in Italy. ciao, chris

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.