Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that as a thread had already opened elsewhere regarding AR autobus ,that a seperate thread should be opened for Ar trolleybus. To kick of I am attaching an article " Ar Swansong " from Trolleybus Magazine ,this article appeared in there issue NO.258 Nov-Dec 2004 .
I will try and upload more photos etc in next little while.
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
Charley,

Thanks for the post.

I really am loving the trucks, busses, marine and industrial forum.

When I see info on vehicles like these trolleybusses, I often wonder if Alfa also made GTA versions :D

Seriously though, a very interesting section. Plus, more of the marque history is being gathered and recorded in one place for the future.

DaveH

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
AR Mille Istambul and Athens

Thanks Dave ,
Here are a few photos of the AR mille as supplied to Istambul and also an AR 140 from Athens . I will try and sort out a few from South America I should have some from Montevideo Rosario , Santos and Rio . Iwill try to put them up asap.
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ar trolleybus Sth America

Here are a few three view drawings of Ar trolleybus from Santos and Ar/Fiat trolleybus from Rio. I hope to post more from Montevideo and Rosario soon.
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
re AR trolleybus

I should of course have mentioned your very excellent trollybus article. I just thought to show some photos that could not find a place in your great article,especially from South America. There follows some photos of the Rosario Alfa Romeo-Fiat-CGE trolleybus.
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AR trolleybus AR -CGE Montevideo

To continue with the South American theme there follows photos of the ALFA ROMEO -CGE trolleybus supplied in the initial contract to Montevideo.
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ar Trolleybus Montevideo

To finish off the Montevideo Trolleybus photos here are some of the later AR-Ansaldo-San Giorgio- OMFP trolleybus and the articulated varient.
Charley

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ciao, I'm Stefano Salvetti, Alfa Blue Team in Milano. I've seen this interesting photos. I'm writing a book about trucks, bus trolleybus. I go often to archivio storico alfa in arese and i have about 700 photos, but not of montevideo.
Very good!
Stefano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Stefano,
You might be interested in the attached site with some interesting photos of a FIAT/ALFA-ROMEO/CGE trolebus undergoing restoration.

Trolebuses Rosarinos
Hello Charley and Stefano;

Here in Montevideo we have Two trolleybuses, an Alfa Romeo and an Ansaldo San Giorgio, under restoration. You can see some historical pics in my site "Trolebuses de Montevideo" http://trolebusesmontevideo.tripod.com/portada.html . If you want pics of the restorations, please contact me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ar Trolebus

Hi Esteban,
Brilliant site ,thank you for sharing.Perhaps you could post some photos of the restorations to the site.
Charley

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Esteban,
Brilliant site ,thank you for sharing.Perhaps you could post some photos of the restorations to the site.
Charley
Here are it!

This is the Alfa Romeo-FIAT-CGE Montevideo (unofficial name of this model) former AMDET 2188:

Now the Ansaldo San Giorgio, originally AMDET 2298, passed in 1975 to COOPTROL (Trolleybus Cooperative) In service until 1992, when the system was closed:

·
Registered
2 Posts
congratulations, good job! in my book I would like to include a chapter where I try to take a census of trucks, trolleys, buses built by alfa.
Can you help me for those of montevideo?
Many thanks
Stefano

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Trolebus Montevideo

Hi Esteban,
I have just stumbled upon your Youtube video of the Montevideo trolebus. So with your permission I put a link to your excellent video below...

Many Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Esteban,
I have just stumbled upon your Youtube video of the Montevideo trolebus. So with your permission I put a link to your excellent video below...

Many Thanks
Yes, you may, and in fact, you're helping us. This 77 minutes DVD was made to catch founds to support the trolleybuses restoration. So, if somebody is interested, only must contact me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alfa Romeo Bus chassis

Stefano,
ask Gippo about me. I got the Mille Bisarca based on a bus chassis shown in Novegro. Since I try to get the bus back to most original condition, I am looking for pictures. Please help. Ciao, MArtin
Ciao, I'm Stefano Salvetti, Alfa Blue Team in Milano. I've seen this interesting photos. I'm writing a book about trucks, bus trolleybus. I go often to archivio storico alfa in arese and i have about 700 photos, but not of montevideo.
Very good!
Stefano

1 - 18 of 18 Posts