Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this tool kit in the Austrian Classifieds for 80.- Euros.
Looks like a tool kit for the Alfa 2600 or similar.
Can anyone tell me if this is original tool kit. The smaller wrenches have no Alfa Romeo logo.
Is the wheel nut wrench part of the kit, it fits the wheel nuts on my alfa 1900 Berlina.
What tools are missing.

Regards

Millenove

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
8,929 Posts
Looks like 2000 or 2600. I have a 2000 with no kit. Not sure of differences, and there may be more than one version for each car. These sell for big money usually, so I will probably never have one. I carry tools that are actually useful instead.

·
Push hard and live
8,929 Posts
There have been several threads dedicated to these tool kits, and you could easily find them via the search function, focusing only on this 1900-2000-2600 forum. There are numerous pictures, with people pointing out the differences. My guess is that you have most of a 2000 tool kit, but are missing at least the hammer. I think the plastic handle screwdriver may be an indicating factor, with my not-so-good memory telling me that the 2600 screwdriver has some changeable bits. Again - you would find more expert opinions in the threads dedicated to this.

There have been some recent posts noting that not all of the boxes were blue. Some appear to have been done in red. There also seems to be some variability in whether the internal structure is made of wooden strips covered in blue flocking (as yours) or a sort of molded structure designed to secure the tools.

My guess is you have a 2000 box, but possibly a 2600, and that the determining factor is the correct tools inside. Your box is missing a couple of elements, but these can probably be located to make it complete.

Want to sell it to me inexpensively? :) I continue to be baffled by how much people pay for these, and yours appears to be in good condition, but you might post more pictures of the exterior of the box.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I found this tool kit in the Austrian Classifieds for 80.- Euros.
Looks like a tool kit for the Alfa 2600 or similar.
Can anyone tell me if this is original tool kit. The smaller wrenches have no Alfa Romeo logo.
Is the wheel nut wrench part of the kit, it fits the wheel nuts on my alfa 1900 Berlina.
What tools are missing.

Regards

Millenove
Millenove,
You have a nice looking tool box with several of the original pieces. I suspect the larger pair of pliars, the drain plug (double hex) wrench, screw driver and larger wrenches with Alfa Romeo are all original. The spark plug wrench may correct but it looks too small. The tire lug wrench is too big to be original. Here is a link to some more complete tool boxes. The 2600 box has several screw driver tips while the 2000 box came with two screw drivers.
If you don't need the tool box, it would be nice to let Don have it at a reasonable profit. He can spend the untold cubic ebay dollars and hours to complete the kit and it would be a nice addition to his really nice car.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/1900-2000-2600-1950-1968/164282-tool-kit.html

·
Push hard and live
8,929 Posts
While I wouldn't mind if my car had the original tool kit, the current state of that market confuses me. I would estimate literally years to come up with the exact set of tools for this box. Could happen, but high stakes poker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your help in this matter. I tried the search function and could find out that I have a 2000 tool box. no this box is not for sale, I can use it in four cars of my Alfa fleet, 1900 Berlina, 1900CSS, 2600 Sprint and Spider.
The wheel lug wrench looks like the wrench in the 2600 owners manual on page 148. The pointed end of the wrench is to remove the hub caps. I think this wrench is not part of the tool box and stored outside of the box. Now I have a new mission to complete this box. Can anyone help with the missing tools ??

Regards Gerhard, Vienna Austria

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
He said the tool kit is 'not for sale'; he has four cars that he can use it with. If you are asking about the plastic bicycle tire tools to remove hub caps, they are available cheap on eBay.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts